cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MQX for KSDK USB host fat system

menkooldewurtel
Contributor II

Hi,

with KDS2.0 and KSDK1.1.0 on FRDM-K64F Board: I want to write data  on a USB MSD with an FAT Filesystem.

I found this example: C:\Freescale\KSDK_1.1.0\usb\example\host\msd\msd_fatfs\sdk\kds\host_msd_fatfs_frdmk64f_mqx

Now want to copy the example and modify for my application. In the user Guide it is only described for iar, but i want to develop it in KDS2.0. So what i have to do to copy the example? I´ve found this Tool: Create new KSDK Projects but don´t know how to change the args when starting it for the fat-project. Can anyone help?`

Next problem will come up: Is it possible to add Components with PE to the project? Could be easier then to use the BM example?

Thanks for your help!

Menko

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

soledad
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi

Please check the below link and let me know if this helps!!

How To: Create an MQX RTOS project with Processor Expert in Kinetis Design Studio IDE

Have a great day,
Sol

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

menkooldewurtel
Contributor II

Hi Sol,

this manual shows only how to set up the MQX (lite) with PE, but for this it is very good. I´ve done this before, this was not the problem. In the example above, the FRDM board is used as an USB Host, I think this could be managed with the PE fsl_usb_framework of KSDK. At the moment i try to set up the parameters in PE to do the same as in the example. Init works fine. When i add a Device at the USB Port the ISR Callback is called.

In next step i will have to add the FAT fs to save data, is there an additional PE Component to manage these functions. When i try to understand the example, and copy it line by line there are many #includes i have to do, could be easier with PE funcitons ready to work...

Thank you and have a great day

Menko

0 Kudos

menkooldewurtel
Contributor II

Hi again,

i have migrated the example to PE and everything works. But there is one problem:

When i use the fsl_usb_framework of PE its generates a usb_host_config.h file in Generated_Code/SDK/usb/usb_core/host/include/usb_host_config.h

Another file is stored in SDK/usb/usb_core/host/sources/classes/common/usb_classes.c

In the second file (usb_classes.c)  is class_interface_map[]. With the defines in the headerfile (usb_config_host.h) i can enable components of the class interface map.

In the example (look at the first question), is there #define USBCFG_HOST_MSC (1). In the PE file not. If I add this by myself everything works. Where can i configure PE to do this for me?

I have added my PE-file, hope you can help?

Thanks

Menko

0 Kudos