Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

K40 controller

Jump to solution
lijofrancis
Contributor III

Dear sir,

I am working in firmware development.Now i am starting to write code .As a beginner i just write code to blink LED.

that is successful.I read the reference manual,The information provided is very less.That means without processor expert i cant programme

the controller.I likes to program my own way.So is there is any programming guide for kinetis controller.Is there any other helpful information or necessary step to program peripherals.The necessary steps communicates device.Other controller gives sample code for each periperal how to communicate.But Kinetics according to the reference manual i read it,register level information/content is very less.Please tell me how to get more information to program peripherals .Thank you 

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
adriancano
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Lijo,

The information in the reference manual provides a complete reference to all the registers in the memory of the microcontroller and it explains each module and registers. You can support this information with the examples available for Kinetis devices that are available in the webpage; the Kinetis 100MHz Rev 2 Example Projects has some example code for Kinetis microcontrollers of 100MHz. Each example contains comments in the code to understand better each line. Please refer to such examples for your reference.

Also you can find useful the KQRUG document that shows some peripherals configuration with basic explanation.

TheFreedom Development Platform Academic Training based on KL25Z can help you to understand the MCU peripherals. There are presentations and examples for the KL25 microcontroller, it is part of the Kinetis L family which has simpler modules but the information included there will give you a good knowledge to start.

Remember that you can always post your questions here in the Community; Freescale members and community members are constantly updating the information here and helping with good answers.

If you have further questions do not hesitate to ask for any kind of information you may need.

Hope this information can help you.

Best Regards,
Adrian Sanchez Cano
Technical Support Engineer
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
adriancano
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Lijo,

The information in the reference manual provides a complete reference to all the registers in the memory of the microcontroller and it explains each module and registers. You can support this information with the examples available for Kinetis devices that are available in the webpage; the Kinetis 100MHz Rev 2 Example Projects has some example code for Kinetis microcontrollers of 100MHz. Each example contains comments in the code to understand better each line. Please refer to such examples for your reference.

Also you can find useful the KQRUG document that shows some peripherals configuration with basic explanation.

TheFreedom Development Platform Academic Training based on KL25Z can help you to understand the MCU peripherals. There are presentations and examples for the KL25 microcontroller, it is part of the Kinetis L family which has simpler modules but the information included there will give you a good knowledge to start.

Remember that you can always post your questions here in the Community; Freescale members and community members are constantly updating the information here and helping with good answers.

If you have further questions do not hesitate to ask for any kind of information you may need.

Hope this information can help you.

Best Regards,
Adrian Sanchez Cano
Technical Support Engineer
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos
lijofrancis
Contributor III

Dear Sir

According to other controller datasheet register level description is very less.I think because of my low knowledge may be the reason.I have already got this sample code.But didnt noticed Thank you for your response. 

0 Kudos