cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to use NAND Flash in TWR-K60F120M with TWR-MEM module using MXQ 4.1

maciejwdowiarz-
Contributor III

Hi,

I have tower setup with TWR-K60F120M and TWR-MEM boards and I'm trying to run demo.c program from mfs_nandflash_twrk60f120m. After opening file system with fsopen, I've got response:

shell> fsopen

Unable to open nandflash device.

You must run "nandrepair" command

shell> nandrepair

Repairing...

Error opening filesystem: UNKNOWN ERROR !!!

For MQX 3.8.0 I've found in Release Notes (http://cache.freescale.com/files/soft_dev_tools/doc/support_info/FSL_MQX_TWRK60F120M_RELEASE_NOTES.p...) information that:

- When using Nand Flash module , remove MEM board from the tower due to the hardware conflict between Nandflash Module and FlexBus Module

Besides, I've also found information about disconnecting FlexBus (https://community.freescale.com/thread/309185) by disconnectingJ11 and J16 jumpers. Unfortunatelly it didn't help.

Important note is that alone TWR-K60F120M module works fine.

Do you have any idea what could be done ?

Thank you,

Maciej Wdowiarz-Bilski

0 Kudos
2 Replies

danielchen
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Maciej,

As the thread said, "in the case of the control signal pins (for example,NFC_CE0 and NFC_RB) which have different programmed functions to choose between the FlexBus and NFC signals on the pins, it does not dynamically switch between the functions. It is fixed as a FlexBus or NFC pin based on whether you choose ALT5 or ALT6. So this means if customer wants to use FB_BE23_16 and FB_BE31_24 to connect external SRAM, then they will not be able to use NAND flash at the same time. "

I think the solution is , not sharing the control pins between FlexBus and NFC when you design your custom board.

Have a nice day,
Daniel

0 Kudos

Luis_Garabo
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Maciej,

I have moved your question to the community where you will get support on your issue.

If you have more question related to this Freescale product part please post your question in this community where I moved this thread.

Have a nice day.

Best Regards,

Garabo

0 Kudos