DemoS12XEP100 xgate with PE (cw5.1 professional eval version)

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DemoS12XEP100 xgate with PE (cw5.1 professional eval version)

luzc
Contributor I

Hello,

I am now working with DemoS12XEP100 board,(S12XEP100CAL). Codewarrior is professional version with 30 days evalation. I have seen the http://www.freescale.com/files/community_files/16BITCOMM/add_xgate_supp_using_PE.pdf and download the zip file from Procedure to add XGATE support to projects using Processor Expert for HCS12X

I have config the project step by step. But when the program starts, it will soon stop due to a illegal breakpoint.

The first question is what is the mean of step 3 "Do the same for all target settings", does it means all the command line arguments should add -D__FAR_DATA?

The  second question is when I set the command line arguments, the prm file does not add the line "RAM_XGATE_STK = READ_WRITE 0xF81000 TO 0xF810FF; /* The stack is set by the XGATE compiler option -Cstv=8100 */" should I add this line by hand?

Lu zhengchen

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

hi lu zc,

"Do the same for all target settings" means if your project also have other target, for example Full Chip Simulation or SofTec HCS12,

targets.png

you should add -D__FAR_DATA in compiler setting for each of the target,

regarding to your second quesiton. yes you need add this line by hand.

Best Regards,

Zhang Jun

===============================================================

this answer is for you. if it helps, please click on "Correct Answer" button. thanks!

===============================================================

0 Kudos