Using processor expert with an existing project

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using processor expert with an existing project

davepfaltzgraff
Senior Contributor I

I am using KDS 1.1.1 and pulled up the demo project for the sdhc_sdcard_frdmk64f120m in an attempt to learn more about the underlying design methods. However, once I've opened the project and go to the Processor Expert view, there is nothing in either the "Component Inspector" or "Components Library" tabs. I feel sure that the Processor Expert was used in generating the code as I find the "This component module is generated by Processor Expert. Do not modify it." comments in the code.

Am I expecting the wrong thing or have I not followed the full procedure? Since I am fairly new to KDS and Processor Expert, it may be that I just need the right pointer.

Thanks.

Labels (1)
Tags (3)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

Jorge_Gonzalez
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello David:

The project does not have Processor Expert enabled. If you mean the files in the "board" folder, then yes, those were generated with Processor Expert but then only linked to the project.

The document in the next link explains how to add PEx + KSDK to an existing project. However the procedure is for experienced users. If you do not feel confident then it would be better to start a new project with Processor Expert enabled and then start adding the components you want.

Adding PEx to KDS bareboard project (with SDK)

I hope this helps clarifying.

Regards!,
Jorge Gonzalez

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

davepfaltzgraff
Senior Contributor I

Hi Jorge,

That helps a lot and I'll probably go over the document several times as it provides a lot of information.

However, this leads to a secondary question. My original intent was to get the SD working on a FRDM-K22 board. (I've added the necessary hardware.) I had presumed the K64 used the 4-bit bus and had posted a separate question on the forum. I have since learned that the K64 application uses the single bit bus, so it should be fairly easy to get it operational on the K22. So the next question is: What's the best approach in porting an application from one board (K64) to another (K22)?

Thanks.

0 Kudos