cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OSA_* calls in MQX environment

giacomopetrini
Contributor IV

Hello,

at the moment I'm developing on KDS 1.1.1 using KSDK 1.0.0 on a FRDM-K64F bare-metal.

I'm using processor expert and many of the PE functions use OSA_ calls (for example OSA_SemaWait()).

In a not so distant future I will probably integrate MQX.

My question is: do I have to re-implement/modify all the function that use OSA layer or MQX and PE will magically work together without any modification (apart from my application code of course)?

Thanks Bye Giacomo

Tags (4)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

Carlos_Musich
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Giacomo,

You will need to build ksdk_mqx_lib and add it to your project, this library will make the magic. Please note that MQX will ve supported oficially in KDS on MQX4.2 and MQX5.0 which are coming this year. Please take a look to the following thread.

how to create MQX project in KDS

Regards,

Carlos

0 Kudos

RadekS
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

OSA layer is here as interface between various systems and SDK code.

One of systems is also baremetal (without operating system).

You can look at c:\Freescale\KSDK_1.0.0\platform\osa\src\.. files. There you can see that OSA has different files with OSA implementation for every system.

Please check fsl_os_abstraction.h file. Here you can see, that fsl_os_abstraction_bm.h will be included when you don’t define any of followed macros: FSL_RTOS_MQX, FSL_RTOS_FREE_RTOS, FSL_RTOS_UCOSII, FSL_RTOS_UCOSIII

So, OSA should work for you even when you decide not use any operating system.

I hope it helps you.

Just small correction of Carlos answer:

KDS is already fully supported on MQX4.1.1.

MQX5.0 was renamed on MQX for SDK (full name is little bit longer) and numbering correspond with KSDK version. So, we currently release MQX for SDK 1.0.0 (beta). MQX for SDK will be fully implemented to KSDK from next version (1.1.0). Current plan for release is end of this year.

MQX 4.2 will be release probably during Q1/Q2 2015.

Have a great day,
RadekS

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos