Why is all android eth0 MAC address 1E:ED:19:27:1A:B3?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why is all android eth0 MAC address 1E:ED:19:27:1A:B3?

JaroslavKlaus
Contributor II

I have got two iMX6Q boards (sabreSD design). They have different MAC during u-boot section. When android is started they both change their MAC to 1E:ED:19:27:1A:B3 (yes. same MAC).

Can anyone help me how to fix it?

Thank you very much.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

Yuri
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

From "Android_User's_Guide.pdf" :
" ... if you want to use FEC in U-Boot, set the following environment:

U-Boot > setenv ethaddr 00:04:9f:00:ea:d3 #[setup the MAC address]

U-Boot > setenv fec_addr 00:04:9f:00:ea:d3 $[setup the MAC address]"

Next, according to section 24 (How do I change BT MAC address on i.MX 6 Sabre SD of Rev C board?)
of "Android_Frequently_Asked_Questions.pdf" :

"If you enable BT on i.MX 6 Sabre SD Rev C board and find that certain issues are caused by the fact that the same MAC

address is shared by two BT peers, you could do the following to change BT MAC address.

1. cat /system/etc/firmware/ar3k/1020200/ar3kbdaddr.pst

Check the original MAC address. The result looks like this: 1260417f0300(12:60:41:7f:03:00).

2. Mount -w -o remount /system

Change system file system as writable.

3. echo “*******” > /system/etc/firmware/ar3k/1020200/ar3kbdaddr.pst

4. It is changed."

Have a great day,
Yuri

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

jasonhsu
Contributor III

Hi all,

I also meet such problem. "setenv ethaddr/fec_addr" seems useless. the mac addr will be still 1E:ED:19:27:1A:B3 even if you set another addr in uboot.

and i also meet another problem about ethnet, could you give me some advice more?

below is my post about the problem:

Re: Re: eth0 link is not ready

0 Kudos