How to change the T4240RDB's boot mode and connect to the ethernet?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to change the T4240RDB's boot mode and connect to the ethernet?

Jump to solution
psun
Contributor II

Hello,

I am currently working on a T4240RDB board. I am using the pre-built u-boot and linux OS on the T4 board. I am able to connect to the console via serial port.

Problems:

1. Every time when reboot the board, it brings up a brand new system, and wiped out all the changes I did on the board before reboot. Is there any solution to this problem?

2. We will need to use DHCP to get IP address, where can I find any instructions to configuration on T4 board?

Thanks very much for your input!

Regards,

Peng

Tags (1)
1 Solution
addiyi
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Peng,

1, This is normal, because you load the rootfs in ram from tftp or flash, and at every reset the initial image will be loaded.

2. Recommended is to use nsf boot. The advantage is you can customize the rootfs, and all the changes will be saved on nfs server. You can find useful info here: Deployment on Target Board.

Adrian

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
addiyi
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Peng,

1, This is normal, because you load the rootfs in ram from tftp or flash, and at every reset the initial image will be loaded.

2. Recommended is to use nsf boot. The advantage is you can customize the rootfs, and all the changes will be saved on nfs server. You can find useful info here: Deployment on Target Board.

Adrian

0 Kudos
lunminliang
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi, Peng

For boot of T4240RDB board, you may refer to the thread: Re: Boot-up options for T4240RDB

0 Kudos