RTC module vybrid vf6xx.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RTC module vybrid vf6xx.

alexman
Contributor I

Hello. Can anyone suggest or give an example to initialize and work with the RTC module and source code? The processor vybrid vf6xx, IAR, without OS.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
9 Replies

naoumgitnik
Senior Contributor V

Hello Alex,

Have you seen the RTC in TWR-Vybrid doesn't keep time thread?

(BTW, you may use the "Search" function in the upper right web page corner and possibly find anything else...)

Regards, Naoum Gitnik.

alexman
Contributor I

One more question, in the chip labeled MVF61NN151CMK50 block "seciurity" disabled, and RTC it there or too disabled?

0 Kudos

naoumgitnik
Senior Contributor V

Hello Alex,

Since the RTC module is presented on the "Block Diagram" in the Reference Manual, it is not one of the security blocks (simply not shown on the diagram).

Moreover, the Secure Reference Manual (available under NDA only) also has a "Block Diagram" drawing, which, in addition to all the blocks from the regular "Block Diagram", show the security blocks a well, which are highlighted with a special color and do not include the RTC one.

Regards, Naoum Gitnik.

0 Kudos

alexman
Contributor I

Thank you. However, it's strange, for some reason read and write any SVNS registers gives the result "0". And the example MQX "RTC Demo" hangs waiting for an alarm.

0 Kudos

naoumgitnik
Senior Contributor V

Dear Alex,

There might be numerous hardware and software reasons why "read and write any SVNS registers gives the result "0"".

As a hardware support person, I'd like to start from the basic one - please, compare how Vybrid's VBAT pin is connected in your design compared to our reference design, Tower module (schematic provided on the web site).

Sincerely, Naoum Gitnik.

alexman
Contributor I

Hello, Naoum Gitnik.

Vbat is connected to the battery 3V, according to the datasheet, time quartz is present in the absence of main power present generation of 32768 Hz, but the registers are read and watch don't go.

0 Kudos

naoumgitnik
Senior Contributor V

Hello Alex,

Thanks for your quick reply; it looks like that the problem is not in the hardware.

I am not a software person and may only ask if you reviewed our Tower module code referred to on its web page  (http://www.freescale.com/webapp/sps/site/prod_summary.jsp?code=TWR-VF65GS10), please? As well as searched the Community ('Search' window in the upper right corner of the web page).

Regards, Naoum Gitnik.

0 Kudos

alexman
Contributor I

Yes, I too believe that everything is fine with the hardware. If you have the opportunity to test the RTC on a chip "NN"(disabled cryptomodule), I would be very grateful...

0 Kudos

naoumgitnik
Senior Contributor V

Dear Alex,

May be more specific in what SNVS registers you tried to read and only read zeros, please?

Please, try to do it again  - read SNVS registers bearing different functions. The point here is that, despite the SNVS name (first S means Secure), the SNVS domain serves non-secure functions as well.

Regards, Naoum Gitnik.

0 Kudos