cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MQX_KSDK_1.0.0 with PE and GPIO

Jump to solution
intractablesubt
Contributor III

I have created a MQX KSDK plus Processor Expert project using MXQ_KSDK_1.0.0 for the FRDM-K64F board following the tutorial MQX with KSDK and Processor Expert. When created this way the Components Library selections filter out "Logical Device Drivers":

15211_15211.pngScreen Shot 2014-09-29 at 10.33.43 AM.png

I can turn off the filter and see them but if I try to include the BitIO_LDD component it causes the error "ERROR: This component is not supported in Kinetis SDK project mode" What is the recommended GPIO component if LDD is not available?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
Jorge_Gonzalez
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello William:

You can use the fsl_gpio component instead. This component generates the necessary configuration structures to use the KSDK GPIO Driver APIs.

In fact I just created a new KSDK/PEx project in Kinetis Design Studio v1.1.1 and it came by default with a fsl_gpio component called "gpio_pins". In case you do not have this you can create a new project and copy the component from there.

For an example about using the GPIO Driver APIs, refer to the next tutorial:

Writing your first toggle LED application with FRMD-K64F + KDS 1.1.0 + KSDK 1.0.0 Non-Processor Expe...

Regards!,
Jorge Gonzalez

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Jorge_Gonzalez
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello William:

You can use the fsl_gpio component instead. This component generates the necessary configuration structures to use the KSDK GPIO Driver APIs.

In fact I just created a new KSDK/PEx project in Kinetis Design Studio v1.1.1 and it came by default with a fsl_gpio component called "gpio_pins". In case you do not have this you can create a new project and copy the component from there.

For an example about using the GPIO Driver APIs, refer to the next tutorial:

Writing your first toggle LED application with FRMD-K64F + KDS 1.1.0 + KSDK 1.0.0 Non-Processor Expe...

Regards!,
Jorge Gonzalez

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos