cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UART configuration Setting

deepanrajanbara
Contributor IV

Hi,

Actually i am new to Linux kernel and u-boot.Ours is a custom board based on i.Mx6 and there is need for configuring UART (1,2,3,4) but i am not sure how to configure all the UART ports for our custom board .so Can anyone help me configuring the UART for the Linux Kernel .

Thank you,

Deepanraj.A

0 Kudos
22 Replies

Rita_Wang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Deepanraj.A,

Here I give you a document Debug UART Customization on i.MX6x.ppt which you can refer to configure the uart. Hope this can help you.
Have a great day,
Dan

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

deepanrajanbara
Contributor IV

I have not received the Debug UART Customization on i.MX6x.ppt .

0 Kudos

Rita_Wang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi

Have you received Debug UART Customization on i.MX6x.ppt by now? If not, contact me.

Have a great day
Dan

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos

deepanrajanbara
Contributor IV

Thank you i have received the Document

0 Kudos

Rita_Wang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Deepanraj.A,

Hope it can help you. If you have solved the problem, would you please close this thread by clicking the Correct Answer button. Many thanks.

Have a nice day

Dan

0 Kudos

deepanrajanbara
Contributor IV

But Actually i wanted to configure my serial UART3 in the speed of 4000000 so not the debug UART.Debug UART useing it as it is.So is there any way to configure other usart at speed of 4000000.

0 Kudos

Rita_Wang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Deepanraj.A,

About the configure of uart you can refer to document i.MX_6Dual6Quad_Linux_Reference_Manual.pdf. You can see the  source code under directory <ltib_dir>/rpm/BUILD/linux/drivers/tty/serial. Details are in this document. Hope this can help you.
Have a great day,
Dan

0 Kudos

deepanrajanbara
Contributor IV

Hi,

But actually in that reference manual they have not mentioned about baudrate we are configureing for other UART

Thankyou

Deepanraj

0 Kudos

Rita_Wang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Deepanraj,

You can go to the directory <ltib_dir>/rpm/BUILD/linux/drivers/tty/serial in your BSP source code, you can see the file imx.c,  there are configurations for UART.

Have a great day,

Dan

0 Kudos

deepanrajanbara
Contributor IV

Hi,

The Problem which i am facing now is that i am not able to test my UART which is running at a speed of 4Mbps.

Thank you,

Deepanraj

0 Kudos

mbp
Contributor V

Did you ever get this resolved?

I understand you're leaving the debug UART as is (for debugging) are you/have you implemented access to all other UARTs?

Appreciate any issues you ran into that I might avoid!

Thanks,

mike

0 Kudos

deepanrajanbara
Contributor IV

Hi Mike

Actually i have figured how to configure the UART at 4Mbps now.But my problem is that when i configure the UART3 & UART4 at 4Mbps i am not able to configure other two UART1 & UART5 at 115200bps since all the UART are configured at 4Mbps

Thank you,

Deepanraj.A

0 Kudos

mbp
Contributor V

Hmmmmmmmm....That is odd. 

I have not encountered this type of behavior.  Without eyeballing everything it's difficult to point somewhere!

I would recommend going back to the start, assume nothing, review the HW and pin-out connectivity to where you are measuring.  Then move on to review IOMUX settings to ensure there are no errors - and finally in the kernel init.c make sure you all is in order.  Typically I've found that something simple is staring you in the face while you look hard for deeper complexities.

mike

0 Kudos

deepanrajanbara
Contributor IV

Hi

Actually i have checked in that where it is getting configure in serial_core.c but when i set baudrate  to 115200 from 9600 it doen't work

Thank you

0 Kudos

Rita_Wang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Deepanraj.A,

Which board and BSP are you using?

Have a nice day

Dan

0 Kudos

deepanrajanbara
Contributor IV

board is imx6 sbc and BSP is Linux L3.0.35_4.1.0_130816

0 Kudos

Rita_Wang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Deepanraj.A,

I have attached it in my last reply to you. And I can see it now really in the reply. You can have a check. You'd better go to the thread link to see it, not in inbox. The thread link is https://community.freescale.com/thread/329949, if you still can not find it, tell me easily. I will attached it for you again.
Have a great day,
Dan

0 Kudos

pt
Senior Contributor I

Hi

Did you build linux image? I am working on imx28. In that, to configure auart you can edit  "mx28evk_pins.c"  file in this location <ltib-dir>/rpm/BUILD/linux-2.6.35.3/arch/arm/mach-mx28 .

0 Kudos

deepanrajanbara
Contributor IV

But i am working on imx6 platform there is no such similar file to configure UART

0 Kudos

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Deepanraj

you can check Chapter 3 "Registering a New UART Driver"

i.MX_6Dual6Quad_BSP_Porting_Guide.pdf included in

L3.0.35_4.1.0_LINUX_DOCS

Best regards

chip

0 Kudos