Flash configuration error - KE06

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Flash configuration error - KE06

dsherman
Contributor III

I found a minor bug, more of a nuisance, really. If you make a bare bones project for the KE06 in KDS without using Processor Expert, there is a small error in startup_MKE06Z4.s. This shows up as a verification error when programming the flash during debug. In the flash configuration section, there are 4 long words:

.section .FlashConfig, "a"
  .long 0xFFFFFFFF
  .long 0xFFFFFFFF
  .long 0xFFFFFFFF
  .long 0xFFFFFFFE

However, the flash security byte is at address 0x40e and defaults to 0xFE, so the last long word entry should be:

.long 0xFFFEFFFF

If I make this change, the programming verification works correctly.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi David sherman,

Thank you for your question in our community.

I already checked it, the Flash security byte in the startup_MKE06Z4.s file is really not correct, not only KE06, but also other KE series bare bone KDS project is not correct.

I already transfer this quesiton to our KDS department, If they conform it is a bug, it should be updated in the next KDS version.

Thank for your information.

Have a great day,
Jingjing

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

davidsherman
Senior Contributor I

Thank you!

0 Kudos

BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi David,

to follow-up on this issue: there is now the V1.1.1 release with the PEx Update1 available which fixes that problem.

See Kinetis Design Studio V1.1.1 Released!

It is possible to just download the Update1 and install it into your V1.1.0.

I recommend that you download/install the V1.1.1 with that Update1, so you get the additional fixes from V1.1.1.

No need to uninstall the V1.1.0, so you can do this later if you want.

Erich