cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to add cloned BSP to list in Codewarrior New Project Wizard

MWMinor
Contributor V

Hi

I've used the BSP Cloning wizard to generate a cloned version of the TWRK60D100M board.

I then copied the .xml file (from CodeWarriorNPW) into the codewarrior folder structure at

<codewarrior_install_dir>/MCU/lib/wizard_data/mqx/4.1/arm

but when I run the new project wizard in codewarrior, the new board doesn't appear in the select board list.

I'm running Codewarrior 10.6 on Windows 7

I've tried to examine the Windows registry at

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Freescale\Freescale MQX]

but there is no Freescale directory listed.

Can someone please...?

Thanks

0 Kudos
4 Replies

soledad
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Ken,

Are you using 32-bit Windows or 64-bit Windows? If you are using 32-bit Windows then you can follow the document that Daniel shared, however if you are using 64-bit windows then you need to check the below thread:

Custom BSP with MQX 4.0.1 and CW 10.4
Have a great day,
Sol

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

DavidS
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Ken,

I had issues with Windows7 64-bit machines allowing the *.reg file to be used and the result of my findings is that the BSPCloningWizard is only generating Windows7 32-bit *.reg files.  Below is how I edited the *.reg file to be used with Windows7 64-bit machine.

My assumption is this process works with CW10.6 as well.

Hope this helps.

The BSPCloningWizard is being updated in the MQX4.1 release to provide a 32-bit and 64-bit registry file.

You can make the edit to your *.reg file to have it load correctly for 64-bit machine.  I’ve attached my original *.reg and modified *_64.reg files for reference.

I tested it as follows:

The steps I used to have the custom board show up for use in new MQX4.0 projects are:

• Close CW10.5
  • Click on the *.reg file in the CodeWarriorNPW folder   ßNot for 64-bit Windows machine use the *_64.reg file
  • Copy the *.xml in the CodeWarriorNPW folder to following path:
    • C:\Freescale\CW MCU v10.5\MCU\lib\wizard_data\mqx\4.0\arm
  • Re-boot Windows
  • Open CW10.5 and create a new MQX4.0 application using you custom board

From the BSP port on my machine (Windows7 64-bit) I did for you I did the following specific steps:

• Close CW10.5
  • Clicked on the LIN_k60n512zvlq10_64.reg to add it to the Window Registry
  • Copied the LIN_k60n512zvlq10.xml to C:\Freescale\CW MCU v10.5\MCU\lib\wizard_data\mqx\4.0\arm folder
  • Re-boot Windows
  • Open CW10.5
  • New->MQX4.0->LIN_k60n512zvlq10

To view the Windows 64-bit registry I’ve attached PDF from Microsoft that explains how to open correct “regedit”.

Regards,

David

0 Kudos

MWMinor
Contributor V

Thanks Dave - sorted...

0 Kudos

danielchen
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi

Please check the attached document for adding cloned BSP to CodeWarrior Project

Have a great day,
Daniel

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos