Bootloader s-records for SDA (K20) as in FRDM-KL25Z board.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bootloader s-records for SDA (K20) as in FRDM-KL25Z board.

Jump to solution
deuteron
Contributor II

We want to make a USBDM device programmer based on OpenSDA just like the one in the SDA section of the FRDM-KL25Z board.  How can we find either source code or s-records to program the the original USB bootloader into a blank MK20DX128VFM5 processor? Is the bootloader firmware public or just its SDA applications? Alternatively, we could use source code or s-records for USBDM that does not use the SDA bootloader. What is available, and where? The target processor we wish to program is a Kinetis K60. If source-code is available, what versions can be compiled with Codewarrior

0 Kudos
1 Solution
pgo
Senior Contributor V

Firstly - Make sure your are talking about USBDM and not OSBDM :smileyhappy:

OpenSDA Version 1 (the bootloader not any of the applications) which is on the earlier FRDM boards such as KL25 is not opensource in any meaningful way.  Nether the specification nor the source code is available.  I believe it is proprietry to P&E Micro.  If you search these forums you will find a long discussion on it.

OpenSDAV2 which is on the FRDM-K64 board actually uses the Freescale bootloader.  I haven't looked at this much but I believe Freescale intend to pre-program this in all their new chips so that they are programmable in circuit without any extra  hardware.

OpenSDAv2 bootloader is a better alternative.  It is available and there is a version of USBDM that will work with it (and also the CMSIS on as well).

Source code for USBDM is available on GitHUB :

https://github.com/podonoghue/usbdm-firmware

bye

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
pgo
Senior Contributor V

Firstly - Make sure your are talking about USBDM and not OSBDM :smileyhappy:

OpenSDA Version 1 (the bootloader not any of the applications) which is on the earlier FRDM boards such as KL25 is not opensource in any meaningful way.  Nether the specification nor the source code is available.  I believe it is proprietry to P&E Micro.  If you search these forums you will find a long discussion on it.

OpenSDAV2 which is on the FRDM-K64 board actually uses the Freescale bootloader.  I haven't looked at this much but I believe Freescale intend to pre-program this in all their new chips so that they are programmable in circuit without any extra  hardware.

OpenSDAv2 bootloader is a better alternative.  It is available and there is a version of USBDM that will work with it (and also the CMSIS on as well).

Source code for USBDM is available on GitHUB :

https://github.com/podonoghue/usbdm-firmware

bye

0 Kudos
deuteron
Contributor II

Thanks again. I explained how I used your answer in a different thread here:

How do I program USBDM or OpenSDA into a new, blank MK20DX128VFM5

0 Kudos