Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CW 10.6 to KDS

Jump to solution
pascalschröer
Contributor V

Hi at all,

Is there a possibility to create a project in KDS without PEX? And is it possible to import CW10.6 projects into the KDS?

Thanks a lot!

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

I *knew* I wrote something about this subject, I had to google it ;-)

Removal of Processor Expert for a Project | MCU on Eclipse

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
8 Replies
BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Yes, you can create a project without PEx. In the project wizard you have following possibilities:

- bare (no PEx, no SDK)

- SDK

- PEx

- PEx+SDK

Importing is usually not workign straigt forward, as CW and KDS have different tool chain plugins. They are very similar, but they are enough different that there is no 1-to-1 mapping. KDS includes an 'converting assistant' which helps you migrating an existing project. See Quickstart Guide for KDS v1.0.1 beta

It might be simpler for you to create a project with the File > New > KDS Project and then simply add your source files and settings.

pascalschröer
Contributor V

Okay thanks for your answer! Now I have read the Quick start guide, but I can't find my kinetic cpu MK10DX128VLH7 in the supported cpu list but I can create a project... So is this uC only not supported or are there any other problems while using it?

The next question is, where are the advanced programming settings? I search for this menu:

pastedImage_0.png

because I have to preserve the partitioning for the device and I have to preserve some memory ranges!

Thanks

Pascal

0 Kudos
BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Pascal,

that CPU is supported with Processor Expert projects. But it is not supported with Kinetis SDK projects (the SDK does not support that CPU).

The advanced programming dialog is a subject of Advanced debug configuration in KDS. To my knowledge this is not yet implemented in the P&E plugin.

You might consider using Segger J-Link for this (but I have not tried this function myself yet).

Erich

0 Kudos
pascalschröer
Contributor V

Hi Erich,

That are bad news for me... At the moment I haven't got any chance to debug my cpu (MK10DX128VLH7) completely, because the KDS does not support my cpu and the freescale support says that the bug in CW10.6 will not be fitted... (pls. see this topic: Strange behaviour of the Advanced Programming Options)

Do you have an idea what I can do now? Or will my cpu be supported in the near future in KDS?

Thanks

Pascal

0 Kudos
BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Pascal,

I quickly checked in KDS, and I can create a Processor Expert project for MK10DX128xxx7 and this supports the MK10DX128VLH7 package.

And if you do not want to use PEx, then simply do not use it in the project. Or remove the .pe file if you like to get it removed.

Or I'm missing something?

Erich

0 Kudos
BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

I *knew* I wrote something about this subject, I had to google it ;-)

Removal of Processor Expert for a Project | MCU on Eclipse

0 Kudos
pascalschröer
Contributor V

Hi Erich,

Could you please look at my other topic in Kinetis uC's?

EESPLIT Bits

because no one answers me^^

0 Kudos
pascalschröer
Contributor V

okay thanks!

I will try it :smileyhappy:

0 Kudos