MPX2102 Series Documentation - Pin-out for case 1369????

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MPX2102 Series Documentation - Pin-out for case 1369????

dennispharr
Contributor I

Freescale recently discontinued the MPX2102GP (case 344B) sensor which has required a complete redesign of our pressure sensor product.  It appears that the only compatible sensor remaining in the Freescale line for our product is the MPXV2102GP.  Unfortunately, the MPXV is surface-mount which provides no mechanical stability - thus requiring a complete bottom-up mechanical re-design of our product. 

After reviewing the datasheet for the MPX2102 series (Document Number: MPX2102 Rev 9, 01/2012) there does not appear to be a pin-out shown in the documentation for the MPXV2102GP (case 1369).  There is a pin-out shown for case 1302-2 (4 pin), but no pin-out shown for case 1369 (8 pin).  Would it be possible for someone (anyone?) to point me to a current document containing pin-out information for the MPXV2102GP case 1369?

Also, why is it virtually impossible to contact an application engineer with Freescale via telephone?  I've attempted to reach Freescale application engineers in the past several times via telephone and have never been successful. Since we are being forced to completely redesign our product due to Freescale discontinuing a product line, we are seriously evaluating other sensor products at this time.  The lack of Freescale telephone support will be a major factor in our product vendor choice moving forward. 

0 Kudos
1 Reply

reyes
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Dennis Pharr,

Yes, as you mentioned, the MPX2102GP (Case 344B) is no longer manufactured and unfortunately there is no direct replacement for this device, our recommended pressure sensor to replace this device would be the MPXV2102GP (Case 1369) as you correctly mentioned, which is basically the same, but in a different package.

Sorry about the missing information in the datasheet, the MPXV2102GP is on the case No.1369-01 which it’s a small outline package, so pins 5,6,7 and 8 are “NOT CONNECT” pins, and pins 1, 2, 3 and 4 should be connected as follows:

Pin1: GND

Pin 2: + VOUT

Pin 3: Voltage Supply

Pin 4: - VOUT

About the support via telephone, unfortunately due to our support model customer can only reach the technical support engineers via Service Request or this via (Freescale Community Threads).

And I just want to mention the following link, which contains the 3D model for this package and I think that could be useful for your re-design: 3D STEP model: SOP Top Side Port Package_1369-01

Have a great day,
Jose Reyes

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos