A problem of debugging on MK10DX128VLF5("Program file does not exist".)

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A problem of debugging on MK10DX128VLF5("Program file does not exist".)

Jump to solution
matherinewang
Contributor III

Hi,

I work on a project which using MK10DX128VLF5, and using KDS+JLink for debug. I just new a bare project and config debug configuration, then start debug,  but KDS reported "Program file does not exist".

I can make sure that my board can work normally, because i use codewarrior instead of KDS, then debug work normally.

"Program file does not exist" seems related to the consistently of the chip type and Device name in debug configureation and also devices info when new the project, is it? but I'm sure they are consistent in my application.

Does anyone have similar problem as me and give me some suggestion? Thanks in advance!

by the way, when i new a project for device MK10DX128VLF5, i found the generated file LinkerFile.ld shows processor: MKL25Z128VLH4 (line 6), it's just comments, but i am not sure whether the new project is really for device  MK10DX128VLF5.

Labels (1)
1 Solution
BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

If it says "Program file does not exists", it probably means exactly this.

Can you check your debug configuration?

Check that you have a .elf file specified, and that it actually exists in that folder?

If there is the correct .elf file specified, but it does not exist, then probably you have not build your application, or it failed?

pastedImage_0.png

About the other problem (comment in linker file): this is mentioned in the release notes (Kinetis Design Studio V1.0.1 Beta Release Notes)

I hope this helps,

Erich

View solution in original post

2 Replies
BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

If it says "Program file does not exists", it probably means exactly this.

Can you check your debug configuration?

Check that you have a .elf file specified, and that it actually exists in that folder?

If there is the correct .elf file specified, but it does not exist, then probably you have not build your application, or it failed?

pastedImage_0.png

About the other problem (comment in linker file): this is mentioned in the release notes (Kinetis Design Studio V1.0.1 Beta Release Notes)

I hope this helps,

Erich

matherinewang
Contributor III

Hi Erich,

You are so smart! There really no .elf file specified in debug configuration.

I new the new debug configuration first, but build the project after that, then .elf will not specified in the debug configuration.

Debugging can work when .elf specified, thanks very much Erich!

0 Kudos