Connecting MCIMX28LCD to MCIMX6Q-SDB sabre board, and getting touch screen to work

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connecting MCIMX28LCD to MCIMX6Q-SDB sabre board, and getting touch screen to work

Jump to solution
meanbanana
Contributor I

I am having much difficulty getting this display to work properly with the sabre board. The android OS boots, and I am able to see it on the display but it is very distorted, and the touch screen does not work. The command I used was:

setenv bootargs console=ttymxc0,115200 androidboot.console=ttymxc0 vmalloc=400M init=/init video=mxcfb0:dev=lcd,800x480M@60,if=RGB24,bpp=32 video=mxcfb1:off video=mxcfb2:off fbmem=28M androidboot.hardware=freescale

I feel that there is something wrong with this command, any ideas?

Thanks

Labels (4)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
Rita_Wang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Tatiana,

I guess you are using the demo images. So you may not find it. You have to download the android source code and build it for i.mx, then you can find the board.c in the directory I have lined out for you. About the download and build process you can refer to the document Android_User's_Guide.pdf in android_jb4.3_1.0.0-ga_doc. By the way, I have to tell you that even there is MCIMX28LCD driver in android 4.3BSP, but only LVDS panel and HDMI display are supported  in the android 4.3 BSP for the board MCIMX6Q-SDB. Towards touch screen only the LVDS work. So there is no problem with the commend you are using, it's the problem of android 4.3 for the board MCIMX6Q-SDB.
Have a great day,

Best Regards

Dan

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
8 Replies
Rita_Wang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Tatiana,

Which version of android BSP are you using? And would you please give me your board.c (board-mx6q_sabre.c) file? I will check for you.
Have a great day,
Dan

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos
meanbanana
Contributor I

I used jb4.3 BSP, and where can I find my board.c file?

0 Kudos
Rita_Wang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Tatiana,

Your board.c file is under the directory /my android/kernel_imx/arch/arm/mach-mx6.

Best Regards

Dan

0 Kudos
meanbanana
Contributor I

I'm sorry, I still don't know where to find this..

0 Kudos
Rita_Wang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Tatiana,

I guess you are using the demo images. So you may not find it. You have to download the android source code and build it for i.mx, then you can find the board.c in the directory I have lined out for you. About the download and build process you can refer to the document Android_User's_Guide.pdf in android_jb4.3_1.0.0-ga_doc. By the way, I have to tell you that even there is MCIMX28LCD driver in android 4.3BSP, but only LVDS panel and HDMI display are supported  in the android 4.3 BSP for the board MCIMX6Q-SDB. Towards touch screen only the LVDS work. So there is no problem with the commend you are using, it's the problem of android 4.3 for the board MCIMX6Q-SDB.
Have a great day,

Best Regards

Dan

0 Kudos
meanbanana
Contributor I

Thank you for your reply.

So what you are saying is that touch screen will not work because the LCD I have is not supported by android 4.3 for my board, even if I build the android source code?

0 Kudos
Rita_Wang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Tatiana,

Yes, in the document Android_Release_Notes.pdf you can see that the android 4.3 BSP Features on different boards. Only "Multi-touch on LVDS panel" is supported. Other touch screen have not been tested. Even the BSP contains the lcd driver, it can not work. So...building the android source code can not make it work . Maybe you can have a try to change the BSP, but we do not have document or guide for it. So sorry.

Have a great day,

Best Regards

Dan

0 Kudos
meanbanana
Contributor I

Your help has been much appreciated, thank you.

0 Kudos