cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HDMI INPUT to IMX6Q processor

vinodkumar
Contributor I

Hi all,

We are working on a HDMI dongle based on I.MX6Q with reference to the design files shared in this link.

We need to connect HDMI input to Processor.

As there is no HDMI input available with  I.MX6Q processor, we are considering to use camera input port(described in section 37.1.2.1.1 of I.MXQ Reference manual) which is having parallel input up to 20 bits & I2S interface for audio connectivity.

In this regard, we request you suggest us appropriate solution  to capture HDMI input using I.MX6 processor.

Labels (1)
Tags (3)
0 Kudos
6 Replies

gusarambula
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

As have been mentioned there is no HDMI input interface available on the i.MX6 family of processors.

You safest bet would be looking for an integrated circuit that can convert an HDMI signal to CSI. While we cannot comment on chipsets from other companies I would recommend searching for HDMI to MIPI/CSI chipsets. A quick search should show some results.

Some solutions are dedicated to applications just as this and should be relatively easy to configure. Good luck! Let us know of your findings, I’m sure more users on the communities would benefit from your experience with this application.

0 Kudos

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Vinod,

one can consider external fpga for conversion HDMI input

to i.MX6 CSI port. Another option is to use USB to HDMI converter

like below

USB to HDMI: add HDMI to any Computer

Best regards

chip

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

vinodkumar
Contributor I

Hi,

Can we get any FPGA reference design which converts HDMI input to MIPI CSI-2?

We need to connect HDMI input to I.MX6 processor. But you have given USB to HDMI converter which is not related to our requirement.

Can we get any HDMI to USB converter?

Thanks,

Vinod

0 Kudos

saurabh206
Senior Contributor III

Hi

You need to use HDMI receiver chip, Output of that to connect with CSI port.

Thanks

Saurabh

0 Kudos

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Vinod

since you are requesting completely new

design please post that request to HDMI dongle

developers (on original link) or apply to local marketing.

Best regards

chip

0 Kudos

jamesbone
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

gusarambula, can you please comment?

0 Kudos