Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Boot P2041RDB-PB from SD Card?

Jump to solution
cquick
Contributor I

Hello,

I have been reading the documentation for the P2041RDB-PB, but I cannot seem to figure out how to get u-boot to boot from an SD card.

I followed the instructions here: Booting to Linux from an SD Card/MMC for P2040/P2041 but that is just for Linux, not for u-boot. I have been looking and looking and just cannot find anywhere how I can accomplish this.

Does anyone have some sort of guide on how to load u-boot from an SD card, and also all of the Linux stuff, so that everything is completely booting from SD.

Thank you!

0 Kudos
1 Solution
alexander_yakov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Please look P2041 Reference Manual, Table 4-30, bits 196-200 "BOOT_LOC" field for boot location options.

There is no SD card listed as boot option, so direct booting from SD card is not supported.

To boot via PBI please look the following link:

Freescale Technical Information Center

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
alexander_yakov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Please look P2041 Reference Manual, Table 4-30, bits 196-200 "BOOT_LOC" field for boot location options.

There is no SD card listed as boot option, so direct booting from SD card is not supported.

To boot via PBI please look the following link:

Freescale Technical Information Center

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos