Is there a way to disable NMI on MK64FN1M0VMD12?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a way to disable NMI on MK64FN1M0VMD12?

jvasil
Contributor III

I am using PEx 10.4 to configure the processor on a TWR-K64F120M module.  I would like to read SW3 using the GPIO but the switch is wired into GPIO A4 which is also used as the NMI input.  After some searching, I found that there are actually TWO check boxes for the NMI under the CPU component.

One of these is at CPU > Properties > CPU interrupts/resets > Non-maskable interrupt.  This one I CAN uncheck.

The second is at  CPU > Properties > Common settings > NMI pin: This one I cannot uncheck (the selection is grayed out but checked).

The datasheet for the processor seems to say that this pin is not dedicated for use as NMI so I don't see a reason that I cannot disable the NMI--is this an issue in PEx?  Is there a way for me to use this pin as GPIO?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
6 Replies

BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Good timing, I was working on a similar thing: Pin Muxing: Using the NMI Pin as GPIO Pin | MCU on Eclipse

I'm using DriverSuite 10.4 in Eclipse Kepler, and have not seen what you describe.

However, I have seen this in 10.3 sometimes. What worked for me was to check/uncheck the other setting to 'unblock' it.

Or to close the project (Project > Close) and then reopen it again (Project > Open).

It seemed to me that sometimes the checks were locked up, but closing and re-opening the project solved it for me in all cases.

I hope this helps,

Erich

0 Kudos

jvasil
Contributor III

Thanks for your response Erich but I seem to be seeing different behavior than you are.  Here are some additional details of what I've tried..

ATTEMPT 1

1.  Uncheck CPU:Properties:CPU interrupts/resets:Non-maskable interrupt.

2. Observe that CPU:Properties:Common settings:NMI pin is checked and disabled (grayed out).

3. Save and Exit PEx.

4. Open PEx.

5. Observe that CPU:Properties:CPU interrupts/resets:Non-maskable interrupt is still unchecked.

6. Observe that CPU:Properties:Common settings:NMI pin is still checked and disabled (grayed out).

ATTEMPT 2

1.  Check CPU:Properties:CPU interrupts/resets:Non-maskable interrupt.

2. Observe that CPU:Properties:Common settings:NMI pin is checked and disabled (grayed out).

3. Save and Exit PEx.

4. Open PEx.

5. Observe that CPU:Properties:CPU interrupts/resets:Non-maskable interrupt is still checked.

6. Observe that CPU:Properties:Common settings:NMI pin is still checked and disabled (grayed out).

I am wondering if the difference between what Erich sees and what I'm seeing is related to the specific processor being used?

I am using the MK64FN1M0VMD12 component, PEx 10.4.0 build b140319 (plus hot_fix_ENGR307843_PExDRV_10_4).  Not sure which version of eclipse but it is whatever was in the Driver Suite 10.4 install package.

0 Kudos

BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi James,

could you share your *.pe file in the project. Then I have a chance to see if I'm missing something.

Thanks,

Erich

0 Kudos

jvasil
Contributor III

Our *.pe file is attached.

Thanks!

0 Kudos

BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi James,

I'm using Eclipse Kepler with Driver Suite 10.4.0 (PEx core 1.4.0.RT6_b1411-0502), and with your .pe file loaded, both settings are enabled for me:

pastedImage_0.png

But I had this strange error (not sure why):

pastedImage_1.png

Anyway, I have attached the .pe file with my modification, so hopefully this unblocks you.

I hope this helps,

Erich

0 Kudos

jvasil
Contributor III

If I disable "Tabs view", I can disable the NMI in both places so maybe this is just a bug in the Tabs View?  Thanks for your help, Erich!

The SIM_ClockGate_FTFE error is known bug.  See https://community.freescale.com/thread/322105 for a hotfix posted by Petr Hradsky.

-James

0 Kudos