cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to mapping RGB data in IPU?

chengwu
Contributor I

Dear all,

I'm developing display driver for wince7 on an i.MX53 board, my code is based on the BSP of i.MX53 SMD board, when I output some picture data to a TFTLCD display, I found that there are two data mapping modules which are in IDMAC's Format Convert Write & Read module and DC's Bus Mapping Unit, could anybody tell me how do these two modules work? what's the input/output of these modules? And must I use both the modules or just use one of them is OK?

Thank you very much.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

Yuri
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

The following may be helpful Re: Parallel RGB Displays

Have a great day,
Yuri

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

chengwu
Contributor I

Hi, Yuri

Thank you for the helpful answer, now I know that how the DC's Bus Mapping Unit works, but I'm still confuse about the IDMAC's Format Convert Write & Read module, in the SMD BSP code, it seems that the picture data is unpacked by the FCR module before go to DMFC, there is a mapping process which based on some mapping parameters stored in CPMEM, could you tell me how does this work and what the purpose is?

Thank you very much.

0 Kudos

Yuri
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Please try to create separate thread regarding Format Convert Write & Read module - it the issue is still actual.

~Yuri.

0 Kudos