Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Runing I2S demo on TWR-K60F120

Jump to solution
amleng
Contributor IV

Hi community,

I make a setup with TWRk60F120 and TWR-Audio-SGTL and try to run i2s MQX 4.02 on it. Once I run the demo it initializes the codec chip and creates sell and sd card tasks and everything looks good. Then I tried to execute 'play' command. To do that I copied

a "*.wav file" in the sd card and issued the following command:

shell> play sai: a:\wav_record.wav

this is what i got from the board:

Playback information

Sampling frequency:     16000 Hz

Bit depth:              16 bits

Channels:               mono

Data rate:              32 kbyte/s

----------------------------------------------

Playing a file...DONE

Playback stats

Total interrupts:              16797

Bytes requested for transmit:  133942

Bytes transmitted:             133942

Underruns of hardware FIFO:    0

Software buffer empty:         54

it looks that it playing the file but I couldn't get sound out of speaker which is connected to j12. I oscoped the line_out jack and no signal on it.

I wonder if I need to change anything or issue an other command to get the code up and run? any suggestion?

Cheers!

0 Kudos
1 Solution
likong
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

I think the problem is that you haven't installed the jumper in K60F120M right. If you want to run the i2s_demo, you should install J21(1,2) and J22(1,2) in K60F120.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
likong
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

I think the problem is that you haven't installed the jumper in K60F120M right. If you want to run the i2s_demo, you should install J21(1,2) and J22(1,2) in K60F120.

0 Kudos
amleng
Contributor IV

I noticed that there are a few settings in InitCodec() need to be modified based om TWR-Audio schematic. I did the following mods BUT the demo still doesn't work

list of modifications:

in sgtl5000.c

//fixme  change the value based on VDDA = 3.3V  VDDA/2 = 1.65V.

sgtl_WriteReg(CHIP_REF_CTRL, 0x01FE);

//sgtl_WriteReg(CHIP_REF_CTRL, 0x004E);

//fixme VDDA = VDDIO = 3.3V. Based on Table.32 the left LO volume (bits 12:8) and right LO volume (bits 4:0) value should be set to 0x0F

sgtl_WriteReg(CHIP_LINE_OUT_VOL, 0x0F0F);

//sgtl_WriteReg(CHIP_LINE_OUT_VOL, 0x0505);

//fixme(SM)  VDDD is derived internally on TWR-AUDIO so I commented out the line below

//sgtl_WriteReg(CHIP_ANA_POWER, 0x4260);

//fixme(SM) both VDDA and VDDIO are greater than 3.1 V on TWR-AUDIO so I commented out these two lines

//sgtl_WriteReg(CHIP_CLK_TOP_CTRL, 0x0800); // Enable the internal oscillator for the charge pump (Set bit 11)

//sgtl_WriteReg(CHIP_ANA_POWER, 0x4A60);    // Enable charge pump (Set bit 11)

0 Kudos
vicentegomez
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Please check the following link,

https://community.freescale.com/message/370656#370656

https://community.freescale.com/message/333307#333307

https://community.freescale.com/message/320492#320492

Have a great day,
Vicente

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos