cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DMA Driver Framework basics

fernandoamorim
Contributor II

Hello,

I'm new in the Freescale world and I'd like to know if anybody can help me on the DMA Driver Framework. I'm using CW 10.5, MQX 4.1 and a TWR-K60 KIT. I need to send an SPI message every 50 microsseconds and I think that with the DMA driver it's possible to do that, but I'm not familliar (yet) with the structs and functions of the I/O drivers.

I've already read the MQX I/O User Guide. Does anybody have an example using these DMA functions (dma_init, dma_channel_claim, dma_transfer_submit, etc.) so I can understand how to implement them?

Thanks in advance.

Fernando

Tags (3)
7 Replies

ilkea
Contributor I

Hi Fernando,

I am in trouble with same issue.Have you found dma code?

0 Kudos

fernandoamorim
Contributor II

ilke,

I've downloaded the Kinetis SDK drivers (beta), there is an example there on how to use the SPI with DMA.

Hope this helps,

Fernando

0 Kudos

ilkea
Contributor I

Thank you Fernando,

I will not use SPI, I am planning to write data to flexbus via dma but this sample code may give me idea,

It will be great if it is possible for you to post it here,

Thanks again,

İlke

0 Kudos

soledad
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Fernando,

Please check the below thread and let me know if this helps,

SPI DMA problems

In addition you can find some examples at the next path:

C:\Freescale\Freescale_MQX_4_1\mqx\examples

Regards

Sol

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

fernandoamorim
Contributor II

Hello Sol,

I've already looked at this thread, but they are accessing the low level registers there. What I'm trying to do is to use the DMA abstratction layer functions (dma_init, dma_channel_claim, dma_transfer_submit, etc.) but unfortunately I didn't found anything on the web. In the "C:\Freescale\Freescale_MQX_4_1\mqx\examples" folder there are no examples using these functions either.

Fernando

Wlodek_D_
Senior Contributor II

Hello,

Thank you for your post, however please consider moving it to the right community place (e.g. MQX Software Solutions )  to get it visible for active members.

For details please see general advice Where to post a Discussion?

Thank you for using Freescale Community.

0 Kudos

fernandoamorim
Contributor II

OK, already moved.

Fernando

0 Kudos