How to buld my own S12XE micro controller board

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to buld my own S12XE micro controller board

hm2000
Contributor I

How do I know what components and HW parts do I need to build my own S12XE mc board for developing purposes?

I want to use it in a developing project to control movement of robotic arms on a roof. I used other chips before and I want now to use the S12XE. I codn't find any information regarding that in any data sheet except the information in Appendex C which is not enough. I could also find a document that related to D-family but not this family.

Any Idea?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies

lama
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

I would also like to add link where some comments are placed:

Reference schematics for S12(X) devices

Best regards,

Ladislav

0 Kudos

hm2000
Contributor I

Thank you This will be helpfull as well. I hope I will be able soon to build the board

0 Kudos

lama
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

I have attached schematic example we prepared a few days ago with commentaries - SCHEMATIC_S12XEP100.pdf. Moreover you can find also attached schematic of evaluation and demo boards.

The AN3262-Designing Hardware for the 9S12XD family.pdf can be used for design of XEP100 respecting differences in supply voltage and possible different VDDA and VDDX in the case of XEP100.

You can compare SCHEMATIC_S12XEP100.pdf and SCHEMATIC_S12XDP512.pdf to see differences.

Note1; if you want to use COP reset and you want to be able to recognize it as a source of the reset (code starts at defined COP reset vector) then you have to put correct capacitor at reset pin. (see reset timing in the data sheet, it will say you how to calculate this ncapacitor) However 10nF should be OK. Larger capacitanies are better from imuunity point of view but COP will noit be recognized.

If you want to design also EBI then I would like to direct you to a document I put here a few days ago:  S12XD, S12XE - External BUS design - Addendum To AN2708

Note2; I have also added a few considerations about load capacitance connected to the oscillator.

Best regards,

Ladislav

0 Kudos

hm2000
Contributor I

Lama:

Thank you for your response. and for all who prepared these files. I will read it and hopefully I will find answers to all of my questions.

0 Kudos