Has anyone got bluetooth on SD8787 working on a recent Android? 4.2 or 4.3?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Has anyone got bluetooth on SD8787 working on a recent Android? 4.2 or 4.3?

adamlee
Contributor I

Hello everyone, following the discussion here, I was able to get wifi running.

And I was wondering if anyone has succeeded in getting bluetooth to work in Jellybean.

I will begin working on this tomorrow, and I will post all my findings here. Hope you can do the same.

Thank you!

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
37 Replies

raymondwang
Senior Contributor I

Update Marvell driver to LINUX2635-14 66 9 p75-M2614301 can fix bluetooth crash issue.

0 Kudos

linevan
Contributor I

Hi Raymond

I don't understand where to find this driver patch code.

Could you send me some information about this issue?

My Marvell driver also crashed under iMX6 Android JB43 platform when bluetooth enable.

my private mail id is evan.lin@ennoconn.com

Thank you.

0 Kudos

raymondwang
Senior Contributor I

bt vendor library was written by myself and merge some patch from Marvell PXA988 solution. I have sent my 8787 package to you, check your mail later.

0 Kudos

raymondwang
Senior Contributor I

I also create a discussion about sd8787 bluetooth on MX6Q. Because android 4.2 use bluedroid as BT stack,we must write vendor library for bluedroid stack.

Marvell released a character device based bluetooth driver named mbtc and based on it Marvell provide a Bluedroid glue library (attched file).

Unfortunately, BT is so unstable on my board. You can try it based on what I provide.

This is my thread iMX6 kernel crash with Marvell Bluetooth module enabled

0 Kudos

wangyongkang
Contributor I

hi Ranymod wang:

thanks, i have dowload the source code from the github site but it does not affect ,now i have no idea about the sd8787wifi and bt,can you send the 2 binary file ,wpa_supplicant and wpa_cli to me? my emaiL: wangyk@huadong.net or402850488@qq.com,

when i run wpa_supplicant -dd -B -Dwext -imlan0 -c/data/misc/wifi/wpa_supplicant.conf  ,no message output ,run ps ,no thread,

so i want to try  the  wpa_supplicant and wpa_cli,thx

0 Kudos

raymondwang
Senior Contributor I

Are you sure you have download all necessary source code for Marvell 8787 driver ?

Please paste your log if it can't be brought up.

0 Kudos

wangyongkang
Contributor I

hi,raymond wang

i need your help ,i am working on imx6q,android4.4.2,now i am porting  marvell sd8787 wifi and bt,but i can not find marvell  code,can you send me the code?
my email : wangyk@huadong.net or 402850488@qq.com,thx.

0 Kudos

desmond_2014
Contributor I

hi,Raymond,i'm also using the Marvell 88W8787 moduls,and my platform is android JB4.3,could you share me  the vendor library source? thank you

myemail:jaytang0923@gmail.com

0 Kudos

raymondwang
Senior Contributor I

Check your mailbox! I think everything your need attached.

0 Kudos

adamlee
Contributor I

Thanks Raymond. I am building an image with the vendor library. I am pretty sure I have some kernel configs not right, but we will see.

By the way, where did you find this? I couldn't find it in Marvell's website.

[update] My build fails with this. I am missing libMarvellWireless library in my source. Not sure where to get this from.

0 Kudos

raymondwang
Senior Contributor I

I think you should check your Android.mk for libMarvellWireless and MarvellWirelessDaemon.

The relationship among them:

Android WiFi->hardware/libhardware_legacy/wifi.c->libMarvellWireless->MarvellWirelessDaemon<---libMarvellWireless<-libbt-vendor.so<--bluetooth.default.so(bluedroid).

|                                                               |                                                                 |

wpa_supplicant+Marvell 802.11 private library    |                                                                 |

|                                                               |                                                                 |

linux ioctl                                                       |                                                                character device HCI interface

|                                                                |                                                               |

Marvell Wlan driver (wireless interface)<-------Insert/remove driver module --------------------- -->mbtc driver 

If something wrong ,you can point out.

adamlee
Contributor I

Raymond, can you share the source for MarvellWirelessDaemon and libMarvellWireless? My source does not generate these two objects.

Also, are you using /etc/bluetooth/bt_vendor.conf file at all to specify the location of the firmware and the device node (/dev/mbtchar0)?

0 Kudos

adamlee
Contributor I

Thanks Raymond. I've contacted Marvell also. It's been a couple days.

I will promptly let you know if I have new development!

0 Kudos

carlmiller
Contributor I

Do you have a github I can look at for your device trees? The new Galaxy Tab 3 7in SMT-21XX variants have the marvell pxa988 and we are trying to port cyanogenmod to this device. We are located over at XDA-Developers and it appears you guys pretty much have knowledge on Marvell. We too use the same BT and Wifi driver.

0 Kudos

adamlee
Contributor I

Hi Carl, my BSP can be found here. However, you won't find the wifi/bt related binaries here, because I haven't pushed them yet. I need to get clearance first. Check back soon!

0 Kudos

raymondwang
Senior Contributor I

I get the vendor library from Marvell distributor. The whole android source code tree based on Marvell PXA986/988/1088 and a sample works both for wlan and bt.

0 Kudos

Silwerstar
Contributor I

Hi Raymond,

Can you please share the vendor library of Marvell bt device with me? Would be really helpful. I am also trying to understand the role of the bt vendor library and the bt driver. Can you let me know what exactly is expected of the BT vendor library?

Regards,

Fariya

0 Kudos