Error 17926 with a external mcu on FRDM Board..

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error 17926 with a external mcu on FRDM Board..

Jump to solution
francodr
Contributor I

Hi! This is my first post. I do not write English very well so I am using a translator.

I commented that I am using CodeWarrior 10.5 with KL25Z FRDM.

To start from scratch, a few months ago, create a project with Processor Expert for KL25Z plate using Code Warrior 10.3. I compile and debug without problems. With the same board i debug external MCU. This was a KL05Z, I read the User Guide from the FRDM KL25Z and it said it was to cut a track J11, it worked perfect, I could debug. The cable VCC, GND, SWD_DIO, SWD_CLK and RESET were connected from the FRDM towards external KL05 pin. As shown in the attached image.

IMG_20131023_152530.jpgIMG_20131023_160055.jpg

This was a few months ago, now install the new CodeWarrior 10.5.

Using the same FRDM, I could download a code without problems KL25Z FRDM interno.tilizando it, I could download a code without internal KL25Z problems.

The problem begins when I try to use an external MCU, the connection is the same he had used before, the external MCU is the same (KL05Z), the problem is that the MCU does not recognize me .. Or so I think.

Error 17926.pngError 17926  2.png

The CodeWarrior detected OpenSDA (I can debug the internal KL25Z FRDM), but produces the error 17926 (Picture Attached). Try installing in a virtual machine the CodeWarrior 10.3, but it gives me the same error, in the CodeWarrior 10.3 17926 Error window says, too, "Target MCU mismatch. OpenSDA debugging hardware supports only the resident target processor".

I checked all the connections between the FRDM and external MCU. Tensions are fine. The truth may be not understand that, try another FRDM KL25Z a colleague, but neither worked.

Thank you very much, hope you can help me. Greetings!
Franco.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

You can use the KL25Z P&E opensda to 'program' (with MSD) (not debug) another board, see

Using the Freedom Board as SWD Programmer | MCU on Eclipse

But not as production programmer, as performance will degrade over time.

If you want to debug it, you need a different firmware than the P&E one. See

http://mcuoneclipse.com/2013/04/27/debug-external-processors-with-usbdm-and-freedom-board/

Using the FRDM-KL25Z with CMSIS-DAP to program non-Freescale ARM Microcontrollers | MCU on Eclipse

Freedom Board with Segger OpenSDA Debug Firmware | MCU on Eclipse

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
francodr
Contributor I

Thanks for the reply!

I can not understand how, about a month ago, I could debug external MCU and now I can not (same FRDM).

I was watching this post http://mcuoneclipse.com/2013/05/16/freedom-board-with-segger-opensda-debug-firmware/

I could solve the problem using a OpenSDA firmware from Segger. This could debug external MCU perfectly, even more, I noticed that it is faster.

In that post is perfectly explained.

What debugger do you recommend for professional use? I need one for a work project.

If it can be any economic, much better.

Thank you!

0 Kudos
francodr
Contributor I

Thank you for the answers!

I was watching this post, but there is another problem, they are using the FRDM-KL05Z and seeing the schematic of the FRDM mentioned in that post, the SWD_CLK is directly connected to internal KL05Z and at the same time, the SWD connector. In that FRDM for external MCU debug not simply cut the trace in J1, we must make that bridge mentioned.

In this FRDM-KL25Z that problem is solved. When cutting J11 track, the SWD_CLK is connected to external MCU and not the internal MCU.

Returning to my problem..

I was looking at the schematic of my FRDM-KL25Z, I found that the SWD_CLK get to my external MCU, and do not do the internal KL25Z. I checked the same with the SWD_DIO, but in this case, also reaches the inner KL25Z (this should not be a problem).

Attachment leave the Debug Configuration.

Hope you can help, thank you very much and sorry for my drafting.Config de OpenSDA.png

0 Kudos
ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

I find there is a thread in Community about similar issue about using FRDM-KL05Z to debug another Kinetis L chip. More detailed info, please check below link: https://community.freescale.com/thread/306394

Wish it helps

0 Kudos
BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

You can use the KL25Z P&E opensda to 'program' (with MSD) (not debug) another board, see

Using the Freedom Board as SWD Programmer | MCU on Eclipse

But not as production programmer, as performance will degrade over time.

If you want to debug it, you need a different firmware than the P&E one. See

http://mcuoneclipse.com/2013/04/27/debug-external-processors-with-usbdm-and-freedom-board/

Using the FRDM-KL25Z with CMSIS-DAP to program non-Freescale ARM Microcontrollers | MCU on Eclipse

Freedom Board with Segger OpenSDA Debug Firmware | MCU on Eclipse

0 Kudos
francodr
Contributor I

Thanks for the reply!

I can not understand how, about a month ago, I could debug external MCU and now I can not (same FRDM).

What debugger do you recommend? I need one for a work project.

If it can be any economic, much better.

Thank you!

0 Kudos
hectorsanchez
Contributor IV

Hi Franco,

I recommend you to check this thread : OpenSDA on FRDM-KL05 debug external processor

I think it's the same problem you are having right now

Keep me informed,

Hector

0 Kudos