u-boot-2009.08 and mx6q_sabresd [problem] L3.0.35_4.0.0

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

u-boot-2009.08 and mx6q_sabresd [problem] L3.0.35_4.0.0

EricSainchez
Contributor I

Hi guys , ihave a  mx6q_sabresd but , when i try to run Ltib and compile my Bsp ,  u-boot crashes  !! ... in  /board/frescale/mx6q_sabresd no exist !!   :smileyplain:

what is the problem..? i need some patches? or  a last version of ltib.

Processing: u-boot-v2009.08
=============================
Build path taken because: directory build, no prebuilt rpm,
scbuild/scdeploy already unpacked package

Processing: u-boot-v2009.08
=============================
Build path taken because: directory build, build key set, no prebuilt rpm,

rpmbuild --dbpath /home/imx6/ltib/rootfs//var/lib/rpm --target arm --define '_unpackaged_files_terminate_build 0' --define '_target_cpu arm' --define '__strip strip' --define '_topdir /home/imx6/ltib/rpm' --define '_prefix /usr' --define '_tmppath /home/imx6/ltib/tmp' --define '_rpmdir /home/imx6/ltib/rpm/RPMS'  --define '_mandir /usr/share/man' --define '_sysconfdir /etc' --define '_localstatedir /var' -bc --short-circuit  /home/imx6/ltib/tmp/u-boot-v2009.08.spec
Building target platforms: arm
Building for target arm
Executing(%build): /bin/sh -e /home/imx6/ltib/tmp/rpm-tmp.58197
+ umask 022
+ cd /home/imx6/ltib/rpm/BUILD
+ cd u-boot-2009.08
+ : mx6q_sabresd_config
+ eval echo
+ echo
+ PKG_U_BOOT_PATH_PRECONFIG=
+ SRC_DIR=/home/imx6/ltib/rpm/BUILD/u-boot-2009.08
+ BUILD_DIR=/home/imx6/ltib/rpm/BUILD/u-boot-2009.08
+ [ /home/imx6/ltib/rpm/BUILD/u-boot-2009.08 != /home/imx6/ltib/rpm/BUILD/u-boot-2009.08 ]
+ cd /home/imx6/ltib/rpm/BUILD/u-boot-2009.08
+ [ -n  ]
+ make HOSTCC=ccache /usr/bin/gcc -B/usr/bin/ CROSS_COMPILE=arm-none-linux-gnueabi- O=/home/imx6/ltib/rpm/BUILD/u-boot-2009.08 mx6q_sabresd_config
make: *** No rule to make target `mx6q_sabresd_config'.  Stop.
error: Bad exit status from /home/imx6/ltib/tmp/rpm-tmp.58197 (%build)

RPM build errors:
    Bad exit status from /home/imx6/ltib/tmp/rpm-tmp.58197 (%build)
Build time for u-boot-v2009.08: 0 seconds

Labels (2)
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

abraham_v
Contributor IV

I have the sabresd board and following the EXACT instructions from Freescale's documentation, I was able to boot the system just fine. Do you have the documentation for your board? I think you might need to register to get access to them. It's there on the iMX6Q website.

On a different tangent, I was having trouble getting the latest (2013 version) of u-boot running on the sabresd board and Youngcai (from Freescale) was very helpful in assisting me. You can see the thread here,

https://community.freescale.com/message/342003#342003

Please note: following those instructions will only get u-boot up and running. I wasn't able to figure out how to setup the boot arguments to get the linux kernel (or android) booting off the eMMC after that.

Also; my host is an ubuntu 12.04 64-bit system. I have no idea how to work on fedora or with RPMs.

-Abraham V.