I used software reset for Kinetis K10. One microcontroller is restart software, and two microcontrollers don't restart. Where is the problem?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I used software reset for Kinetis K10. One microcontroller is restart software, and two microcontrollers don't restart. Where is the problem?

prog2000
Contributor I

In debug (on J-Link) restart is correct on  all microcontrollers .

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
6 Replies

anthony_huereca
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Just to double check, are you writing 0x05FA0004 to the scb->AIRCR register?

http://infocenter.arm.com/help/index.jsp?topic=/com.arm.doc.dui0553a/Cihehdge.html 

See this thread for more info: Re: WatchDog doesn't do anything on my K60N512 tower!

-Anthony

prog2000
Contributor I

I used next code::

asm(" CPSID i"); //DisableInterrupts;

asm(" DSB ");

i = SCB_AIRCR;

i &= 0x0000ffff;

SCB_AIRCR = (i | 0x05FA0004);

asm(" DSB ");

asm (" NOP ");

while(1){};

But K10DX256 do reset and stop (portes are not active). Restart is not doing! Only one microcontroller correctly starts after soft reset.

0 Kudos

anthony_huereca
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Do those boards always boot properly from a POR reset or external physical reset?

Also do you see the reset line toggle when doing the software reset?

-Anthony

prog2000
Contributor I

Yes! The problem appeared in boards...

0 Kudos

anthony_huereca
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

I don't think I made myself clear enough, my apologies. On the boards that have this software reset issue, do they work properly when you first connect the board to power? Do they work correctly if you press the physical reset button (assuming your board has a reset button)? I want to make sure the boards work correctly in all other reset instances to make sure this is only a software reset problem.

My other question was if you can use an oscilloscope to look at the /Reset pin when doing the software reset. Does it go low, or does it always stay high?

0 Kudos

prog2000
Contributor I

It is feature of debugging.

J-Link established the breakpoint for bootloader beginning. When soft-reset is doing, the processor there is a return for bootloader beginning. The kernel stops a debugger.

It is necessary to remove a board (processor) power (and i need to disconnect the battery) after programming. Then the processor when restart doesn't stop.

0 Kudos