gpu libs 4.6.9-p9 with x11 (DRI): full-screen only ?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

gpu libs 4.6.9-p9 with x11 (DRI): full-screen only ?

Jump to solution
sergeymatyukevi
Contributor II

Hello,

In my experiments on SabreLite board I am using the following components of graphics stack:

- libGL/libGLES/libGAL/libEGL binary libraries from L3.0.35_1.1.0 rootfs image

- X11 driver vivante_drv.so built from sources (EXA part of xserver-xorg-video-imx-viv sources)

- X11 DRI library libdri.so built from sources (DRI part of xserver-xorg-video-imx-viv sources)

- xserver 1.11.2

- twm window manager

3D rendering with simple X11+EGL+OpenGLES2.0 examples to fullscreen x11 window works fine. However I see blank windows for any windows size other than full screen. I am wondering if current release supports DRI rendering only to full-screen x11 windows ?

Labels (4)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
andre_silva
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Sergey,

I got the information that DRI is not fully supported on this driver release (4.6.9-p11 - latest), and here are some known issues that will be fixed in the 4.6.9p12 release.

regards,

Andre

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
DiegoFSL
Contributor III

Hi Sergery,

unfortunately driver 4.6.9p12 is out and available within the Yocto buildsystem as part of BSP 3.5.7-1.0.0, but the problem is still there.

http://git.yoctoproject.org/cgit/cgit.cgi/meta-fsl-arm/commit/?h=master-next&id=e4408b4231435286eb52...

http://git.yoctoproject.org/cgit/cgit.cgi/meta-fsl-arm/commit/?h=master-next&id=c6f4838efe887e79ccee...

Not only the same bug (black windowed rendering) is still there, but it seems related in a really weird way to system components:

Black rendering of windowed Open GLES applications on iMX6 Vivante under X11

On top of that, windowed rendering is horribly slow under Ubuntu, so that's pretty unusable even when it works.

Another issue you might be interested in is that Vivante driver defaults to 16bits per pixel and 24bpp seems broken:

Using 24bpp X11 color depth on i.MX6Q with Vivante

Bests,

Diego

0 Kudos
andre_silva
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Sergey,

are you using libEGL.so ? for X11 acceleration you have to use the libEGL-x11.so instead, let me know if it fixed your issue.

regards,

andre

0 Kudos
sergeymatyukevi
Contributor II

Hello Andre,

Sure, for x11 configuration I am using vivante libraries with '-x11' mark. 3D rendering to full-screen x11 window works fine with terrific performance. However 3D rendering does not work for any window size other than  full-screen. In that case I see only blank window. For instance, vivante demo applications do not work for me in x11. Meanwhile they work fine in framebuffer when I use libraries with '-fb' mark.

By the way, did you try this new release ? Does it work for you in non-full-screen windows ? If yes, then could you please share what applications worked for you in the case of non-full-screen x11 windows.

Thanks,

Sergey

0 Kudos
andre_silva
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Sergey,

I got the information that DRI is not fully supported on this driver release (4.6.9-p11 - latest), and here are some known issues that will be fixed in the 4.6.9p12 release.

regards,

Andre

0 Kudos