cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

i.MX6DL SABRE platform prebuilt Android jb4.2.2 image issue

Jump to solution
jam
Contributor I

I just received an i.MX6DL SABRE platform.  The Android ICS image that was preloaded on the provided SD card booted successfully, but now I'm having trouble updating the platform to the most recent prebuilt Android image provided by Freescale.  So far, I've followed the provided Android Quick Start Guide step by step:

1. Downloaded and unzipped the image (android_jb4.2.2_1.1.0-ga_image_6qsabresd)
  2. Downloaded and unzipped the MFG tool (Mfgtools-Rel-4.0.0_130424_MX6DL_UPDATER)
  3. Created "android" directory under MFGTool-Dir/Profiles/MX6Q Linux Update/OS Firmware/files
  4. Copied the following files from android_jb4.2.2_1.0.0-ga_image_6qsabresd.tar.gz to the MFGTool-Dir/Profiles/MX6Q Linux Update/OS Firmware/files/android/ directory.
    1. u-boot-6dl.bin
    2. SD/boot.img
    3. SD/system.img
    4. SD/recovery.img
  5. Changed the SABRE-SD SW6 (boot) to 00001100 (from 1-8 bit) to enter download mode
  6. Updated the MFGTool-Dir/cfg.ini file so that name = Android-SabreSD-SD

Here's where I'm encountering the problem.

When I try to run the MFGTool, a window comes up saying "Can't find the specified file."  Below is the resulting LOG file:

DLL version: 2.1.1

Tuesday, July 23, 2013 10:20:54   Start new logging

ModuleID[1] LevelID[10]: Parse C:\Users\moonej\Sabre Platform 2\Mfgtools-Rel-4.0.0_130424_MX6DL_UPDATER\cfg.ini file success[chip: MX6DL Linux Update, List: Android-SABRESD-eMMC]

ModuleID[2] LevelID[1]: Boot command-- file C:\Users\moonej\Sabre Platform 2\Mfgtools-Rel-4.0.0_130424_MX6DL_UPDATER\Profiles\MX6DL Linux Update\OS Firmware\u-boot.bin failed to open.errcode is 2

ModuleID[1] LevelID[1]: Parse C:\Users\moonej\Sabre Platform 2\Mfgtools-Rel-4.0.0_130424_MX6DL_UPDATER\Profiles\MX6DL Linux Update\OS Firmware\ucl2.xml failed

Can someone help me out with this?

Labels (4)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
ambiguity
Contributor III

Try renaming u-boot-6dl.bin to u-boot.bin.

My /android directory contains:

boot.img

placeholder

recovery.img

system.img

u-boot.bin

*** No subfolders.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
jam
Contributor I

The problem is fixed.

The changes to the xml file mentioned above were correct except for the second change.  That line should read <CMD state="Updater" type="push" body="send" file="files/android/u-boot-mx6dl-sabresd.bin">Sending U-Boot</CMD> like it originally stated.  Changing the u-boot file name and the mmcblk were the missing pieces.

Thanks for your help

0 Kudos
ambiguity
Contributor III

Try renaming u-boot-6dl.bin to u-boot.bin.

My /android directory contains:

boot.img

placeholder

recovery.img

system.img

u-boot.bin

*** No subfolders.

0 Kudos
jam
Contributor I

Thanks for your reply.

I made the change you suggested as well as a few others.  After looking at the xml file, I realized there is no profile called "Android-SabreSD-SD".  Another thread suggested to use the "Android-SabreSD-eMMC" profile but change the "mmcblk0" to "mmcblk1" in order to write to the SD card. 

I also changed the xml from   <CMD state="BootStrap" type="boot" body="BootStrap" file ="u-boot-mx6dl-sabresd.bin" >Loading U-boot</CMD "

to                                        <CMD state="BootStrap" type="boot" body="BootStrap" file ="u-boot.bin" >Loading U-boot</CMD

And I changed the xml one more time from     

<CMD state="Updater" type="push" body="send" file="files/android/u-boot-mx6dl-sabresd.bin">Sending U-Boot</CMD>

to

<CMD state="Updater" type="push" body="send" file="files/android/u-boot.bin">Sending U-Boot</CMD>

With these changes the MFGTool runs, but it hangs at "Loading U-boot."  Any suggestions?

0 Kudos