Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installation for Vybrid VF65GS10

Jump to solution
n00b1024
Contributor III

Hello,

OP: I'm working on the Vybrid (TWR-VF65GS10) and am currently installing the hardware with the help of the "Quick Start Guide" (Doc # TWRVF65GS10QSG Rev 0). On pages 5 and 7, there's a reference to installation software at "Jump Start Your Design" and a lab guide, respectively, both at freescale.com/TWR- VF65GS10. However, I can't find either at the website, and I'm having trouble getting the tower module to connect to the computer. Also, the micro-USB-to-USB cable that came with the kit has two USB heads on the USB end of the cable. What are the two heads for?

Update: I mostly fixed the problem by connecting the microUSB-USB to J3 and the computer in order to supply power to the board, and am using a J-link for debugging. However, if it's possible to use just the microUSB-USB, I'd prefer to do that. There's also some mention in the lab guide of drivers that should be automatically installed when I connect the tower to the computer via microUSB-USB. However, I haven't been able to get that work. If it helps, I'm using Windows XP and IAR for debugging.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
anthony_huereca
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

You didn't have access to this before now, but the Vybrid FAQ will answer most of your questions. The website is not launched yet, but will work when Vybrid is public. The two heads are to provide extra current if needed.

And you have to use a JLink if debugging with IAR. An OpenSDA app for emulating a JLink that works with Vybrid is being worked on though, so that won't always be a requirement in the future.

If it didn't cover something, let us know.

-Anthony

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
anthony_huereca
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

You didn't have access to this before now, but the Vybrid FAQ will answer most of your questions. The website is not launched yet, but will work when Vybrid is public. The two heads are to provide extra current if needed.

And you have to use a JLink if debugging with IAR. An OpenSDA app for emulating a JLink that works with Vybrid is being worked on though, so that won't always be a requirement in the future.

If it didn't cover something, let us know.

-Anthony

0 Kudos