i.MX28 net driver problems

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

i.MX28 net driver problems

ArnaudM_
Contributor I
Hi everybody, I'm currently facing ethernet problems with my mx28evk board. If I use SMSC phy driver, I have the well known problem of timeout when link goes down. I don't have it when I use the generic phy driver so now I always use the generic phy with fec or fec_switch driver. Problem temporary closed for me. When I use L2 switch (fec_switch.c) : -> eth1 is not available (ifconfig does not know eth1 device) -> eth0 does not reply to ARP requests. When I activate MCF_ESW_DBCR_P0, I have a kernel crash : irq101 nobody cared Can anyone confirm that eth0 AND eth1 should work with L2 switch ?? When I use fec driver + second FEC : -> eth1 is not available (ifconfig does not know eth1 device) When I use only fec driver : -> eth0 and eth1 are available, but : - when only eth0 is plugged, it does not work (arp works, but not ping) - when only eth1 is plugged, it works well - when both eth0 and eth1 are plugged, all traffic goes through eth1 (arp cache from local pc gives the same MAC address for both IP related to eth0 and eth1) Did anyone notice this behaviour ?? Thanks. Arnaud.
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

erickang
Contributor II

Dear Arnaud,

I had the same problem, but I had solved the issue.

1. ARP works, but not Ping

. refer to the below page

; L2-Switch ARP reply

2. Passthrough mode, using eth0 & eth1

. apply the eth0/eth1 with the different network IP

. for example, eth0 = X.X.1.101 / eth1 = X.X.2.101

I hope this is helpful to you.

Best Regards,

Eric.

0 Kudos