Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MQX 4.0 USB Host

Jump to solution
c_dawg
Contributor III

From our factory MQX team:

I tried to create sample applications, and I found that, when I create “New Application” and then I select “ USB Host and “Basic Application” in the next page, I get similar errors – regardless of the compiler selection (GCC or FSL).

It seems that the templates delivered with the New Project Wizard for MQX 4.0 don’t reflect recent changes in the USB Host library. We are working on this issue.

Has there been any fix for this yet?  I really want to use MQX 4.0 with USB host capability.

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
Martin_
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Colin,

Actually, I try CW 10.3 MQX 4.0 New Project Wizard and I can see it fails to build "New Application", "USB Host", "Basic Application", HUB+CDC class support. We will look on this.

For now, we can use "Example Application" and select one of the USB Host applications provided to create usb host applications using the CW MQX 4.0 New Project Wizard.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Martin_
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Colin,

Actually, I try CW 10.3 MQX 4.0 New Project Wizard and I can see it fails to build "New Application", "USB Host", "Basic Application", HUB+CDC class support. We will look on this.

For now, we can use "Example Application" and select one of the USB Host applications provided to create usb host applications using the CW MQX 4.0 New Project Wizard.

0 Kudos
c_dawg
Contributor III

The example projects are great for seeing how a certain aspect of MQX works.  However, when creating a project that requires more than one function the “New Project Wizard” should be the way to go.  I started a project in MQX 3.8.1 using the “New Project Wizard” and I am trying to get it to work in MQX 4.0. The purpose of this is to take advantage of the TWR-K60F120M Board Support Package (Doesn’t exist in MQX 3.8.1).  This will make it easier to port my firmware from the TWR to my board.

Reference: Creating a New BSP thread-https://community.freescale.com/thread/306172

I guess I’m just a little surprised going from MQX 3.8 to 4.0 limits functionality of using the “New Project Wizard.”  Is there any estimated time for this fix?

0 Kudos
Martin_
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

There seem to be new "MCU v10.3 Updates for MQX" available through "Install New Software..." menu in CW 10.3, FSL MCU Eclipse Update Site. Please give it a try.

This is improved, however, still the CDC doesn't build (others do build, so if you need hub/mass storage/printer/hid it will work for you already). We will fix the cdc very soon too.

0 Kudos
c_dawg
Contributor III

I did the updates and still had issues with the new project wizard.  A common error was:

identifier ‘USB_Status’ redeclared was declared as: ‘int’ now declared as: ‘unsigned long’

However, including “usb_error.h” in the host_common.h gets rid of the errors.

This is the path to those files in my install: C:\Freescale\Freescale_MQX_4_0\lib\twrk60f120m.cw10\debug\usb

I’m happy to now have my project working in MQX 4.0.

0 Kudos