cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error launching Code Warrior v7.2 IDE

Jump to solution
josepmartinez
Contributor I

I need some help. I'm new in Code Warrior IDE, and in one computer I can't run it when I try to launch the application. I have the same problem like this post https://community.freescale.com/message/64920#64920 but I have problems to interpret errors with Process Monitor.

My errors says:

Date & Time:13/02/2013 12:36:11
Event Class:File System
Operation:CreateFileMapping
Result:FILE LOCKED WITH ONLY READERS
Path:C:\Program Files\Freescale\CodeWarrior for ColdFire V7.2\bin\LMGR11.DLL
TID:2320
Duration:0.0000088
SyncType:SyncTypeCreateSection
PageProtection:PAGE_READONLY

Date & Time:13/02/2013 12:35:54
Event Class:Registry
Operation:RegQueryValue
Result:NAME NOT FOUND
Path:HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\DllNXOptions\LMGR11.dll
TID:3696
Duration:0.0000762
Length:144

I don't know what to do.. Can anyone help me?

Thanks.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
bowerymarc
Contributor V

Hi Josep,

I just ran into this myself and read the discussion you linked.  You need to look only at the file activity... what I saw with process monitor (http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/bb896645) after disabling all but the file activity (little buttons in the toolbar to enable the different views) and filtering out unrelated programs (before running CW... do that by right-clicking on the process name and select 'exclude'), was that the program that runs lmgr11.dll (the linker) was listing directories and scanning files in the root of the disk where the workspace and/or project was located.  In my case I'm running it on parallels and the project was on a shared drive on my mac, so that directory had files with characters in the name that windows didn't like (like parentheses and at signs).  I relocated my workspace (with project inside) to the root of my C drive and it compiled without crashing.

So ignore the troll's advice and go back to the advice from the original thread - look for files with bad names or dates, etc.  and remember it's looking at your C root and also the root of your project drive.

Good luck.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
bowerymarc
Contributor V

Hi Josep,

I just ran into this myself and read the discussion you linked.  You need to look only at the file activity... what I saw with process monitor (http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/bb896645) after disabling all but the file activity (little buttons in the toolbar to enable the different views) and filtering out unrelated programs (before running CW... do that by right-clicking on the process name and select 'exclude'), was that the program that runs lmgr11.dll (the linker) was listing directories and scanning files in the root of the disk where the workspace and/or project was located.  In my case I'm running it on parallels and the project was on a shared drive on my mac, so that directory had files with characters in the name that windows didn't like (like parentheses and at signs).  I relocated my workspace (with project inside) to the root of my C drive and it compiled without crashing.

So ignore the troll's advice and go back to the advice from the original thread - look for files with bad names or dates, etc.  and remember it's looking at your C root and also the root of your project drive.

Good luck.

0 Kudos
Carlos_Musich
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Josep,

have you used CCleaner software? It is free and it has a tool named 'Registry' that fixes problems with DLL files.

Carlos

0 Kudos