Nand Boot Issue - IMX233

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nand Boot Issue - IMX233

Asha1z
Contributor I
Hi All, We are using nand boot mode for our custom imx233 board. Nand Flash used in our board is Micron's MT29F1G08ABADAWP (pagesize is 2k+64B and maximum 4bit ECC) The problem we are facing is after flashing eboot.msb to nand, the board boots only once. For next poweron ROM error NCB not found is displayed.Hence we tried to read all the sectors of NAND and found that some unknown 8 byte data (ffff ffff fffe ffff) is inserted in the beginning of all sectors. (As per our analysis the above mentioned data is the Metadata written to Spare area of NAND) we are stuck with this issue and not able to boot our board from NAND. Please advise us. We are using IMX233 Evaluation Kit BSP (iMX233-EVK-PDK1_8). code changes: 1. Included our nand configuration in NandTypes.h 2. DMA - 4 address cycles ( 2 column and 2 rows) 3. ECC Setting: FlashLayout0 : NBLOCKS = 4 Metadata size = 8 bytes ECC0 = 0 FLASHLayout1 : page size = 2112 ECCN = 0 DATAN_SIZE = 512
Tags (2)
3 Replies

Asha1z
Contributor I

The problem is solved by reducing the reserved NAND blocks to 98 MB ( Previously set as 312 MB) .

My doubt is why the Metadata is inserted in all the blocks if 312MB is made as reserved NAND blocks though we have 1 GB NAND flash on our board

KeshavaGN
Contributor V

Hi Asha1z and VladanJovanovic

Please check my issue: iMX6Q NAND Boot issue in WinCE

Please help me to solve this issue.

Thanks.

With regards,

Keshava G N

0 Kudos

VladanJovanovic
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Internal ROM does not write anything to NAND, so EBOOT must be modifying the boot tables in NAND for some reason. It shouldn't actually do that under most circumstances (unless you want to update bootloader), so it may be misconfigured in some way. Usually bootloader have reserved memory area to store configuration info, and this EBOOT may have this misconfigured. Not familiar with details of EBOOT though...

regards,

vladan