Flash programming after annual subscription

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Flash programming after annual subscription

Orvs
Contributor I

We're getting a CW Basic Suite annual subscription which is enough for our prototyping requirements. After that period, we may no longer need CW build tools, but would still need flash programming capability.

-  Do we need to renew our annual subscription? Will the flash-loader work after license expiration (I'm assuming it won't)?

-  Is there (still) a flash-loader only option?

There's a thread here from 3 years back about getting the basic suite (https://community.freescale.com/message/52277), but what I need to know are our options after our annual subscription.

Thanks!

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

Rachel_L
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Orville,

The answer really depends on which CodeWarrior product you plan to use within the suite, because the feature sets vary from product to product.  You can find a table listing what features are included in each suite level here.  This list is divided by product, so just find the tab for the one you'll be using.

With an annual subscription, you can expect all of the features of the tool to stop working at the end of the subscription period.  The exception is, if there is a free Special Edition for the product you'll be using, the features that are included in the Special Edition will work after your annual subscription expires.

You'll see on the table that there is a Flash Programmer Only tool within the Basic Suite for PowerQUICC, QorIQ, and MobileGT.  The code size that can be programmed is not limited in each of these products.  In all other products, the code size supported by the Flash Programmer is the same as the code size supported by the Debugger in each suite level.

If you still have questions after reviewing the table, please let me know which product you plan to use, and I'll look at it specifically to try to help you out.

-Rachel

Orvs
Contributor I

Thanks Rachel.

We're developing for a QorIQ P1011 (or maybe P1020). Now there seems to be v10.x (Eclipse) or v8.x (Classic) in the basic suite, with Flash Loader Only option for the Classic. There's really no special edition for the CW QorIQ, just 30-day evaluation. As I understand it, in order for us to continue use of flash programming, we do have to renew our license. Am I correct?

Thanks!

0 Kudos