how to use codewarior for a specific demonstration board

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to use codewarior for a specific demonstration board

aseembansal
Contributor I

I have TWR-S08DC-PT60 demonstration board for MC9S08P family. How do I use codewarrior for this particular family? I found the quick start guide and installed the software but the process explained is not working. When I debug the IDE stops working. What can I do?

EDIT1:-

Added images of the errors that keep on appearing on the screen.

I think that it is some error related to the USB cable that I am using. Am I correct?

What USB needs to be used with this board?

2660_2660.PNGCapture.PNG

2661_2661.PNGCapture1.PNG

Message was edited by: Aseem Bansal

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
6 Replies

aseembansal
Contributor I

I uninstalled the Code warrior development studio, P&E device drivers and PE Micro OSBDM/OSJTAG virtual serial toolkit and then reinstalled code warrior studio as explained in the quick start guide.

It gave the error at the first time but the second time it worked. I don't know how but it worked for once.

That obviously is not a solution but I will keep you guys updated about what I am doing with this problem.

Any suggestions or remedies are most welcome

Thanks in advance

0 Kudos

aseembansal
Contributor I

bump

Added more information regarding the problem. Someone please tell if more info is needed to find the solution.

0 Kudos

tom_thompson
Contributor III

This looks like a driver or firmware problem. First, make sure you have all of the service packs installed for CodeWarrior. Choose Help > Look for Software Updates and install those. Next, make sure you have the latest drivers from P&E Microsystems installed. They can be downloaded from www.pemicro.com Finally, use this forum thread that has a description of how to force windows to do a driver update.

---Tom

0 Kudos

aseembansal
Contributor I

I tried the forum thread

https://community.freescale.com/message/118504#118504

that you asked. I tried to use it but still the same problem is present. Any suggestions about what to do?

Thanks in advance

0 Kudos

eckhard
Contributor V

Hello,

I had the same problem with my TWR-S08DC-PT60. I couldn´t use the debugger after the first flashing. I reprogrammed the PT60 with an USB-Multilink and after that the OSBDM worked.  .

My PT60 board has the OSBDM Firmware Build 90 Revision 9. That seems a litte strange. I have a TWR-S08UNIV, wihich has Firmware Build 30 and Revision 21, this is the latest Download from P&E. This board has problems with OSBDM too.

You can enable console logging for the debugger to see what is going wrong. When I try to debug my S08UNIV, sometimes  the initial connetion goes wrong and sometimes after flashing the device the connection after the reset cant be established.

Eckhard

0 Kudos

aseembansal
Contributor I

How to enable the console logging?

0 Kudos