S32 DS for PA v2.1 installation rolls back after entering activation code
Failed to write core dump. Minidumps are not enabled by default on client versions of Windows
How to solve this?
Hello Nitin Jyoti,
I have a few questions for you:
1) Did you try the solution detailed in Troubleshooting: S32 Design Studio exits unexpectedly or Installer rolls back immediately following activation code entry
2) Is the user account in Windows one that is part of the Administrators group, as specified in the installation instructions?
3) Are you installing this to a folder that is not the default one selected by InstallAnywhere? Or are you installing to a network machine or virtual machine?
Hey Mike, thanks for quick reply. I am looking to get a solution soon as its impeding my SW development progress.
Sure, please find my replies:
1. Yes, I tried the solution mentioned in Troubleshooting: S32 Design Studio exits unexpectedly or Installer rolls back immediately following activation code entry, that didn't work.
2. Yes, I have local admin rights
3. Tried custom and default directories, same issue. I am installing it on my local drive and not network machine.
In addition to this, I have tried all the other solutions mentioned in other posts viz. licfix, Visual Studio C++ redist, JRE update, etc. The result is same, same error log.
On a separate note, I am able to install S32 DS 3.3 (but I would like to use S32 DS for PA v2.1 instead). I tried installing the older version of S32 DS for PA v.R1, I am seeing the same error log for that as well.
# EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION (0xc0000005) ...## JRE version: Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (8.0_202-b08) (build 1.8.0_202-b08)# Java VM: Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (25.202-b08 mixed mode windows-x86 )# Problematic frame:# C [cll_app_libFNP.dll+...]## Failed to write core dump. Minidumps are not enabled by default on client versions of Windows
This is an installation error we have not seen yet. You have already tried the solutions we already know of. I have shared this with our experts to try to find some new ideas on what is causing this.
Could you try to install to another PC? It's possible some unusual combination of settings or configurations is contributing.
Please try to uninstall S32DS 3.3. It uses 64-bit Flexera license service, while S32DS for PA is 32-bit. Aslo please do not use older version of S32DS with older version of license service.
Please try to reboot, delete Trusted storage directory C:\ProgramData\FLEXNet and try again.
Retrieving data ...