cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SWO Interrupt - SWO Overflow

pb2
Contributor II

Hi,

I have problems with SWO trace. The "SWO Interrupts" shows an event OVERFLOW within the "Table" tab continuously as shown in the following picture. pastedImage_1.png

Why does SWO overflow occur so often? I also get many wrong interrupts within the "Statistics" tab. These are Interrupts that i never use in my project.

It seems to me the SWO configuration is correct when I download my firmware with the debugger.pastedImage_2.png

I am using iMXRT1050 with a custom board and LPC-Link2 and i apply the configuration according to the following link.

SWO with NXP i.MX RT1064-EVK Board 

My MCUXpresso version is MCUXpresso IDE v11.1.1 [Build 3241] [2020-03-02] and the used SDK version is SDK_2.x_EVKB-IMXRT1050.

Kind regards,

Patrick

Labels (1)
3 Replies

pb2
Contributor II

Hello Sabina,

I found another tutorial that describes SWO trace Tutorial: Using Single Wire Output SWO with ARM Cortex-M and Eclipse | MCU on Eclipse.
I have adapted to my application and it works.

Have a nice day!
Patrick

Sabina_Bruce
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

I'm glad that you were able to resolve this!

Best Regards,

Sabina

Sabina_Bruce
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Patrick,

Hope you are doing well.

Since you are working with a custom board it will be difficult for me to pin point the issue right away. I'd like to be able to reproduce this on my end, but I have the evaluation board. Do you have an evaluation board that you can reproduce this error?

Are you basing this test on an example from the SDK? 

Best Regards,

Sabina

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------