cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iMX8M nano and iMX8 QuadMax eMMC Flash

nandish_sg
Contributor I

Hi  ALL,

I am trying to flash the linux yocto images on eMMC of i.MX8 Quadmax MEK and i.MX8 Nano EVK board. by using the UUU tool. but no luck its not able to flash on the eMMC of these boards and i set the boot device configuration as serial download mode as 001000.

i can able to boot the board using the SD card but my target is flashing on eMMC and board bring-up, 

for flashing the emmc i followed the command which is given in linux user guide as below,

i)   sudo uuu  /path to linux images/ image.wic     // *.wic format type 

ii)  sudo uuu  /path to linux images/ image.sdcard     // *.sdcard format type  

i saw some few post in forum but not clear, can any one help me to resolve this issue,

Thanks in advance,

Best Regards

S.G.N

0 Kudos
2 Replies

gusarambula
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello S.G.N,

Once you are powering the board with the switches to Serial Downloader and the board connected to the host through a Type-C cable on the Download port, is the board being correctly recognized by the UUU? Please make sure you are running the command line as administrator and make the tool list all recognized devices with the command:

uuu -lsusb

The board should be listed by its Chip version.

If there are problems with the board being recognized, I would recommend using a newer version of the UUU is possible. Latest release is 1.3.154 You can find it on the link below:

https://github.com/NXPmicro/mfgtools/releases

The easiest guide to follow have found for UUU is the following Community Document:

https://community.nxp.com/docs/DOC-344579 

I hope this helps!

Regards,

0 Kudos

nandish_sg
Contributor I

Hello  Gusrambula,

Thanks for your quick reply, 

I run the command which you specified uuu -lsusb the board is being recognized with the latest tool UUU 1.3.154,

with attached the type C cable on download port.

pastedImage_1.png

without attached the type C cable on download port.

pastedImage_2.png

then i tried to flash the demo images on eMMC with the following commands but its not processing at all.

pastedImage_4.png

i am not getting what i did wrong any suggestion for resolve this problem,

Best Regards

SGN

0 Kudos