KW36 FSCI bootloader

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

KW36 FSCI bootloader

jictannu
Contributor III

I want to use FSCI bootloader to update KW36 and I flow this: Reprogramming a KW36 device using the FSCI bootloader . It look like success:

pastedImage_2.png

But I press the sw, it does not start advertising. Does it fail to jump to appilcation? What should I do?

0 Kudos
5 Replies

Sebastian_Del_Rio
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Mo Xinyu, I hope you're doing well!

Could you please confirm if Power Down Mode was disabled from the Heart Rate Sensor application binary you're transmitting and programming with the FSCI bootloader?

After confirming that the cPWR_UsePowerDownMode macro in the app_preinclude.h header file is set to 0, if it still does not work, could you please try with another demo application?

Please let me know if you need any more information.

Take care, best regards,

Sebastian

0 Kudos

jictannu
Contributor III

Hi Sebastian.

I try to set cPWR_UsePowerDownMode to 0, and try to use beacon demo, but it still could not work. The LED does not flash, I press the sw, it  does not start advertising. 

0 Kudos

Sebastian_Del_Rio
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Mo Xinyu,

Was the application offset applied accordingly to leave space for the FSCI bootloader?

If the necessary space is not left for the bootloader, and the application is programmed to the board without it, it can cause the app initialization to fail, as the program's starting address is not where it was expected to be.

Could you please confirm?

Take care, best regards,

Sebastian

0 Kudos

jictannu
Contributor III

Hi Sebastian, 

I want to use heart rate sensor, could you please tell me how to set the application offset?

0 Kudos

Sebastian_Del_Rio
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Mo Xinyu,

To configure the necessary offset for the bootloader, the --defsym=gUseBootloaderLink_d=1 has to be added to the Linker settings in your project. 

After adding this to the Linker settings, cleaning, and building the project again, the binary file should be generated, and then loaded as the guide you followed describes.

Just as a side-note, when an application is running in low power modes, LEDs are not activated.

Take care, best regards,

Sebastian

0 Kudos