cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DDR Test Tool Can't Open USB device for IMX6ULL EVK

tanly
Contributor I

Hi,

I could could not get the DDR Test Tool to connect to the USB Device. It is set to serial boot, and I can down uboot and linux using uuu.  However, DDR Test Tool kept giving me ERROR: Can't Open USB device. The following are the setting

* Connected to USB OTG

* Configure to Serial booting (I even verified that uuu can detect usb otg)

* Loaded init script EVK_IMX6ULL_DDR3L_400MHz_512MB_16bit_V1.2.inc

* Select TARGET: MX6ULL

I wonder if I missed any steps

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Tan

one can try on different PC, also please try first power-up

board then attach usb cable to computer. May be useful below presentation

showing usage ddr test step by step

https://community.nxp.com/docs/DOC-331528 

i.MX 6/7 DDR Stress Test Tool  

Best regards
igor
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

tanly
Contributor I

Hi Igor,

Thanks for quick reply. 

Actually, I found a problem on one of my machines.  I did try on a desktop PC and a laptop, both didn't not work.  However, I found the virtualbox that I use for debugging uboot using the USB-OTG debugging for IMX, seems rename the usb drive in windows to virtualUSB, and DDR Test Tool does not seems to like it.  When VirtualBox was closed, DDR Test Tool was able to detect USB.

However, I still don't know what was wrong on my PC, but probably something similar or driver related.

Tan

0 Kudos