KW36 FSCI bootloader form UART to CAN?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

KW36 FSCI bootloader form UART to CAN?

danieltseng
Contributor V

I found the link below and mentioned that the bootloader supports the CAN interface
https://community.nxp.com/thread/488445

pastedImage_1.png

Only the following information was found from the SDK

pastedImage_1.png

Question:
1. I can't find detail files about  FSCI Bootloader in the SDK. What files can I refer to for the FSCI bootloader ?
2. How to change FSCI bootlaoder from UART to CAN?

Labels (1)
  • KW

0 Kudos
6 Replies

danieltseng
Contributor V

I will deal with it myself, thank you for your response

0 Kudos

danieltseng
Contributor V

I just researched the link you gave, the best way is to use "MCUBOOT (blhost)".
How do I get the demo code? Contents include blhost driver on the host and "Can MCUBoot" on the kw36.

0 Kudos

estephania_mart
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

The demo code is provided only upon request, could you please contact a sales representative for this request?

Regards,

Estephania

0 Kudos

danieltseng
Contributor V

Maybe I asked the wrong way.
I have seen the FSCI bootloader program before.
But I don't know how to change FSCI Bootloader project from UART to CAN  interface ?
After researching the project, I suspect that the "CAN bootloader" is not ready.
Can you guide me,
thank you

0 Kudos

estephania_mart
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

The MCUBOOT is already implemented with CAN, so it is ready to use , still, if you want one with FSCI there is no such example and you will need to implement it by yourself using the available source files as a base for your implementation.

Please, check this document, those are the different bootloader available in the KW family, you will need to check which one of those is the one that you and your customer need.

Regards,

Estephania

0 Kudos

estephania_mart
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

You can find the project in the following path:

<installation path>\boards\frdmkw36\wireless_examples\framework

It is located in the framework examples  of the SDK.

Still, you are combining two different bootloaders, the ones you are referring to is the Flashloader and the other is a bootloader based in FSCI commands, you will need to check which ones is the one you are looking for that cover your needs.

For further information about the supported bootloaders in the KW family you can check the following post.

https://community.nxp.com/docs/DOC-341224 

Regards,

Estephania

0 Kudos