cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to reset the board using software reset

karthik1
Contributor I

Hi 

1) Function to reset the board using software reset ( reboot) should start from XIP  header 

2)  how to do aes encryption for data 

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies

Sabina_Bruce
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello ,

Hope you are doing well.

Could you please confirm the microcontroller that you are using so that I can provide you with the correct information. Also I want to make sure I am understanding your first question correctly. Do you mean that if a software reset is asserted that you would like to being from XIP header? Is that correct or did I misunderstand?

As for the second question. Do you want to know how to encrypt your image before loading it? I ask this because the iMXRT is only capable of decrypting on the go using the BEE module.

Best Regards,

Sabina

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 

0 Kudos

karthik1
Contributor I

Hello,

Sabina Bruce thanks for your reply

I am using IMXRT1064

Yes correct ,if a software reset is asserted that you would like to being from XIP headerI

i  want to do aes encryption and decryption to my own specific data

0 Kudos

Sabina_Bruce
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Karthik,

Hope you are doing well.

For your first question:

It is not possible to create a reset that will jump to the header of the configuration parameters. This is done prior in the ROM bootloader so there is not a way to access this internally after a reset. 

I recommend to check the bootflow process and the flexspinor boot flow process of the reference manual.

In addition these two documents illustrate the process quite well. However please let me know if you have more questions. 

A way to create a binary that is copied to RAM from the ROM bootloader in RT1050 

Generating a Bootable Image for the RT1050 

For you second question: 

The BEE module will help you decrypt information on the go not encrypt.

Hope it helps!

Sabina

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos

karthik1
Contributor I

Hi Sabina Bruce 

thank you for your reply 

1) In the sense i am asking how to reset the board using software reset so that it will start from primary bootloader

I want the code should start from bigining (from 

if reset is not not possible then how to reset the board using software reset (I should not reset manually using hardware reset)

2) can i use below 

typedef struct {
const uint32_t version; //!< Bootloader version number
const char *copyright; //!< Bootloader Copyright
void (*runBootloader)(void *arg); //!< Function to start the bootloader executing
const uint32_t *reserved0; //!< Reserved
const flexspi_nor_driver_interface_t *flexSpiNorDriver; //!< FlexSPI NOR Flash API
const uint32_t *reserved1[2]; //!< Reserved
const rtwdog_driver_interface_t *rtwdogDriver;
const wdog_driver_interface_t *wdogDriver;
const uint32_t *reserved2;
} bootloader_api_entry_t; 

can i use runBootloader function in my application code to start bootloader so that i will start from primary bootloader

2) for  aes ancryption and decryption can i use DCP library in SDK 

thanks and regards

0 Kudos

Sabina_Bruce
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Karthik,

Hope you are doing well.

1) In the sense i am asking how to reset the board using software reset so that it will start from primary bootloader

In order to start from the beginning a POR_B reset needs to occur. However, this is not possible through software. In order to guarantee that it is properly processed POR_B should be held low during the entire power up sequence. This will not be possible through software, as soon as its powered off the configuration will be lost. It is recommended to use an external signal to properly execute this.

can i use runBootloader function in my application code to start bootloader so that i will start from primary bootloader

The boot process begins at any Reset where the hardware reset logic forces the Arm core
to begin execution starting from the on-chip boot ROM.

for  aes encryption and decryption can i use DCP library in SDK 

Yes you may use the library provided to encrypt and decrypt. However, please refer to this link, for details on the DCP API and what its full capabilities are and the considerations that must be taken. 

Hope it helps!

Sabina

0 Kudos