cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Usage of ECSPI2 on M4 of IMX8M-Mini

srinivaskb
Contributor I

Hi,

I am using a IMX8M mini EVK in my project. On A53 android (P9.0.0_2.3.0) is running and on M4 freertos based application is running. Both were running in parallel without any issues until I added a SPI functionality on M4 side. (Used ECSPI2). Now M4 application gets stuck once the android boots.

Changed vendor/nxp-opensource/kernel_imx/arch/arm64/boot/dts/freescale/fsl-imx8mm-evk-m4.dts to disable the ECSPI2 on android.

&ecspi2 {

status = "disabled";

}

Rebuilt the kernel and android and flashed using uuu tool with "-d m4" option. But still the problem persists.

Please let me know how to resolve this. Also let us know how can we confirm that ecspi2 is actually got disabled in android. 

Thanks in advance !!

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Srinivas

one can try to assign ecspi to m4 in rdc in similar way as for uart on thread imx8m mini uart4 

/* UART4, uncomment if M4 only access desired */,  imx8mm_bl31_setup: allow uart4 from A53 processor

imx8mm_bl31_setup: allow uart4 from A53 processor · boundarydevices/imx-atf@fc36812 · GitHub 

Best regards
igor
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos