Does uuu script directly write to NAND flash address?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does uuu script directly write to NAND flash address?

jupiter_hce
Contributor III

Hi,

When I run ./uuu uuu_ram to install a dtb file to -addr 0x83000000, is that imx6ulz-pmu2.dtb file written to the NAND flash address 0x83000000 or RAM address 0x83000000?

SDP: write -f imx6ulz-pmu2.dtb -addr 0x83000000

If it is written to NAND address, How can I check if the file imx6ulz-pmu2.dtb is indeed installed in NAND address 0x83000000?

Thank you.

Kind regards,

- jh

Labels (4)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi jupiter

direct programming to nand addresses is not used, please check below links

explaining nand programming with uuu tool

imx6ull burned image to nand by uuu 

How to write image to VisionSOM-6ULL NAND memory using UUU tool on Linux - SomLabs Wiki 

Best regards
igor
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

jupiter_hce
Contributor III

Hi igor,

Thanks for your response and link, but that has to use the somlabs complicated source, it was using kernel 4.9 which is also incompatible.

I just need to download one UBI image ubi.image built by ubinize command via uuu, are there any other alternatives?

$ sudo ./uuu ubi.image

0 Kudos

jupiter_hce
Contributor III

OK, figured out, it is writing to RAM address,  how can I take that file from the RAM address 0x83000000 and flash it to NAND? I know there are other alternative to set up MTD partitions, but I like to install files from RAM address to NAND.

Thank you.

0 Kudos