iPhone app/sources for NTAG I2C Plus Explorer Kit

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPhone app/sources for NTAG I2C Plus Explorer Kit

airios_arno
Contributor II

Is an example app available for the NTAG I2C Plus ICs?
It would be nice to have a reference app, similar to what is available for Android.

It would be even nicer if NXP would offer a library to build up on, but I reckon that won't happen any time soon.

Labels (1)
18 Replies

peter_lai
Contributor I

hello airios_arno,do you have any progress on the NTAG I2C operate in iOS ?I also need to operate SPEED in IOS now, 

peter@smartfire.cn

0 Kudos

jgreen
Contributor III

I found the Android version of 'NTAG I2C Demo' works ok, but the iOS app fails to work.

Is there some place I get get a copy of the iOS NTAG I2C Demo?

I'd like to use it to help develop custom app to use passthrough mode on NXP NT3H2111 nfc chip.

0 Kudos

ryan4volts
Contributor I

I have the same issue. It doesn't appear to work at all. I needed to confirm pass through functionality to ensure it works on both IOs and Android.

Interesting to note that the app itself was not released by NXP, at least not through its official distribution. So perhaps someone internally released it for testing? Or someone else made it entirely?

0 Kudos

jgreen
Contributor III
0 Kudos

peter_lai
Contributor I

hi,this demo is not work, do you have any progress on the NTAG I2C operate in iOS ?

0 Kudos

s_raemaekers
Contributor I

Hello,

We are also waiting for the source code for iOS I2C. Do you have any indication when this is available?

Thank you and kind regards,

Steven Raemaekers

0 Kudos

peter_lai
Contributor I

hi, do you have any progress on the NTAG I2C operate in iOS ?

0 Kudos

mateok0
Contributor I

Mr Allan - you entered the source code for Android, and this one was released long ago. We are waiting for the source code for iOS I2C. Do you know when NXP is going to make available? I remember that it was supposed to be in November 2019 ...

0 Kudos

ainj
Contributor I

I would also like the source code for the iOS app:

‎NTAG I2C Demoboard on the App Store 

Especially because the app includes password protection, which I'm curious about how this was implemented. NTAG I2C does not support ISO7816 or ISO15693 (for sending commands via Apple's Core NFC framework), so was NDEF used?

I was able to find a fairly recent document on the Android app from May, 2020:

https://www.nxp.com/docs/en/user-guide/UM10966.pdf 

And source code (however from 2016):

NTAG I²C Demo Android App Source code

I would really appreciate an update regarding iOS since Core NFC (starting with iOS 13) now supports read/write and tag specific APIs!

0 Kudos

mateok0
Contributor I

Does anyone answer here? When can you expect to see the source codes for the demo application for iOS? This is very important for us!

0 Kudos

mateok0
Contributor I

Unfortunately, the NTAG 5 application does not support I2C, which is why I'm still waiting for the application's source code. The NTAG I2C Demoboard application itself is now available in the Apple store, there is a link to the source codes in it, but there is no information about it in this link.

0 Kudos

mateok0
Contributor I

Hello,

The application is already on the App Store:
https://apps.apple.com/us/app/ntag-i2c-demoboard/id1495775864
However, I can't find the source code anywhere (there is a link in the application, but it doesn't work). Anyone know where I can download the source codes from?

0 Kudos

airios_arno
Contributor II

Also, I'm not sure about your experiences, but the app for iOS is really terrible. It barely ever works on my iPhone 8 Plus. It just hangs most of the time I press any of the LED color buttons.

0 Kudos

mateok0
Contributor I

I'm only interested in the source code. Perhaps, after obtaining the source code, you can find any errors. When will NXP release the source code of the I2C iOS app?

0 Kudos

airios_arno
Contributor II

I checked the docstore and it is not yet available there, as far as I can tell. Note that for the new NTAG 5 series, the source code of the example app is available (for both Apple iOS and Android).

0 Kudos

IvanRuiz
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

Please accept my apologies, it is not available for iOS but only for Android as you can see in following page: ‎NXP Semiconductors Apps on the App Store 

Since write functionality was recently released on iOS, NXP is working to develop more apps for this operating system.

Thank you for your comprehension.

BR,

Ivan.

0 Kudos

peter_lai
Contributor I

hi,does the NXP Release the source for iOS ?

i need  NTAG I2C operate in iOS SPEED MODE,

0 Kudos

jerwey
Contributor I

Hi Ivan,

As Mateusz mentioned below, the iOS NTAG I2C Demo app is now released. Are we able to get the demo code to learn the proper implementation of communicating with NTAG I2C?

0 Kudos