Loading Function from Flash/SD Card into SDRAM on MIMXRT1050-EVK(B)

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Loading Function from Flash/SD Card into SDRAM on MIMXRT1050-EVK(B)

michaelc77
Contributor II

I am trying to load a function from flash into external SDRAM and executing the function on the MIMXRT1050-EVK(B). The future application for this will be loading a .bin from the SD Card into SDRAM and jumping to it.

I modified evkbimxrt1050_freertos_hello to use external SDRAM. I tested the external SDRAM portion before I added my code of moving the function into SDRAM.

It looks like everything is going well until I copy the function into a buffer that is stored in SDRAM. When I try to execute the function, I get plenty of hard fault errors.

Let me know if anyone has any insights on this.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

FelipeGarcia
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Mike,

First, I'd like to apologize for my delayed response, we are having a big workload at the moment.

Regarding your issue, I recommend you to check our following document that explains how you can relocate a function into RAM using MCUXpresso, I believe this could be useful.

Relocating Code and Data Using the MCUXpresso IDE 

Have a great day,
Felipe

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos