cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

git problems with MCUXpresso 11.1.0?

TheUncle
Contributor III

Hello!

I'm experimenting troubles using git inside MCUXpresso 11.1.0.

If a git-versioned project is present in the workspace, then whenever a team sharing is attempted or git settings are accessed (Window -> Preferences -> Team -> Git -> Configuration), the IDE hangs and a forced close is required.

The same happens also when importing git-versioned projects with "Auto share git projects" enabled or when trying to open the project.

No problems on MCUXpresso 11.0.0.

Git version is 2.25.0.windows.1

Stefano

5 Replies

lpcxpresso_supp
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

We've implemented a change to allow the eGIT plugin to be updated in the next IDE release (due end Feb).

Regards,

MCUXpresso IDE Support

0 Kudos

lpcxpresso_supp
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Sorry that didn't work - we'll investigate.

Regards,

MCUXpresso IDE Support

0 Kudos

Nouchi
Senior Contributor II

Hello,

Same for me, not critical, but annoying, I can commit, but pushing will stall eclipse tasks. I need to do git push with command line.

Also, eGit update is not allowed by an eclipse dependency problem.

Regards,

Emmanuel

0 Kudos

lpcxpresso_supp
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

This sounds like the issue described at :

Does installing a newer version of EGit help?

Regards,

MCUXpresso IDE Support

0 Kudos

TheUncle
Contributor III

Sounds like - I already found something similar, but I'm not so deep into Eclipse to hack it.

EGit version released with MCUXpresso IDE 5.4.0.201906121030-r and apparently it is not possible to install release 5.6.0 because of a dependency issue:

pastedImage_1.png

Of course we don't want to uninstall "MCUXpresso IDE additional plugins"! That turns out to be com.crt.lpcxpresso.feature.product.feature.group:

pastedImage_3.png

The singificant lines are:

Cannot satisfy dependency:
From: MCUXpresso IDE additional plugins 11.1.0.201909161352 (com.crt.lpcxpresso.feature.product.feature.group 11.1.0.201909161352)
To: org.eclipse.equinox.p2.iu; org.eclipse.egit.feature.group [5.4.0.201906121030-r,5.4.0.201906121030-r]

I googled a bit, but I can't find a workaround so far.